Center Axis Relock - Your Thoughts?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Center Axis Relock - Your Thoughts?

This is a discussion on Center Axis Relock - Your Thoughts? within the Handgun Tactics, Training, and Practice forums, part of the Handguns category; Paul Castle's C.A.R pistol shooting system is very different, just as Cooper and Weaver came up with "different" ideas. It ...

Default Center Axis Relock - Your Thoughts?

Paul Castle's C.A.R pistol shooting system is very different, just as Cooper and Weaver came up with "different" ideas. It is easy and fun to mock the "new" idea based on what we know thus far, but what if the world IS round? :)

I am new to CAR, but am starting to like it. it took me about 250 rounds to get even 'kinda" familiar, but I like it. It is not my natural and sole system, but I am including it.

For those of you that have tried at least 250 shots in the CAR style, what are YOUR thoughts?

Shepard Humphries

JRM
    JRM is offline Instructor

Okay, please don't flame me but...can you provide a link to what CAR is and if there's any video demonstrations? I sincerely would like to know more about this.

search youtube but here are a few to get you started.

JRM

According to the website, CAR training is only available to LEOs and active military, and specifically excludes 'civilians'.

Rats!

The concept and specific techniques are useful in some places and situations and not so useful in others, like every other system.
    Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

www.inshadowinlight.com

JRM

Mr Paul Castle was quite a guy.
    Agreeing with CR Williams, some specific techniques are useful in some places and not so in others.
    So I'm thinking maybe this is a good plan... learn all you can from everyone so you'll have an inventory of tools to draw from.

I has proven very useful to me. I go through about 500 rounds a week, give or take, getting better at both the C.A.R. system and many others. Indeed a very good tool to add to the collection.

Paul Castle was a great instructor and will be missed.

JRM

I finally attended the level 1 class about 3 months ago. Excellent training. Admittedly, holding my XD40 that close to my face had me wondering if it would smack my face from the recoil. But after the first shot, I was a believer in this technique! It's great for CQC as your weapon is always close to your body. This not only reduces felt recoil, but also provided better weapon retention. What I really loved was that it allows the shooter to use either strong or weak hand with the exact same control and precision. By easily switching from strong to weak hand, you are able to defend yourself completely 360 degrees without moving your feet. Your body structure just won't let you do that with the other techniques, especially with Weaver. In two weeks I'll be attending the level 2 training. Really looking forward to it! If you're in southern California, training is offered through Civilian Arms Training Civilian Arms Training Source - Tactical Firearms Training The Director/Instructor was personally trained and authorized by Paul Castle to offer this training to civilians. I highly recommend everyone check it out. No, I'm not related in any way to this business. I'm just an extremely satisfied customer.
    Last edited by JRM; 05-04-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Mr Paul Castle was quite a guy. Agreeing with CR Williams, some specific techniques are useful in some places and not so in others.
    So I'm thinking maybe this is a good plan... learn all you can from everyone so you'll have an inventory of tools to draw from.
    Agreed!. Yes he was.

FYI, Paul never intended for the C.A.R to be the solution to all scenarios. The C.A.R is great for fighting at very close quarters, for highly trained professionals, leo / militaey/ security etc. He also NEVER wanted it taught to civis. Now that he is dead, it seams every swinging **** is "teaching" Paul's systems to whomever they want. I think it insults the man and the SYSTEM that Paul developed.

RIP Paul. Rest easy mate.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast