My Training Experience at Front Sight - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My Training Experience at Front Sight

This is a discussion on My Training Experience at Front Sight within the Handgun Tactics, Training, and Practice forums, part of the Handguns category; Originally Posted by toreskha That sounds excellent...are there any training schools similar to this in Florida or Georgia? Depending on ...

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    That sounds excellent...are there any training schools similar to this in Florida or Georgia?
    Depending on what you are looking for there is always Blackwater USA in North Carolina. They offer a large variety of classes with good accommodations at a decent price.

Dewhitewolf is offline Armed Snowboarder

Just remember that it was Blackwater agents who were the source of the controversy over government contractors not being criminally liable for their actions in killing Iraqi civilians.

During the investigation it came out that the same Blackwater agents treated Iraqi civilians harshly.

Just speaking for myself, I would not want to support such controversial activitiy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewhitewolf View Post
    Just remember that it was Blackwater agents who were the source of the controversy over government contractors not being criminally liable for their actions in killing Iraqi civilians.

During the investigation it came out that the same Blackwater agents treated Iraqi civilians harshly.

Just speaking for myself, I would not want to support such controversial activitiy.

Be careful of what you read in the media. As we all know, the media reporting is sometimes spun in a particular direction. Remember that there's 2 sides to every story.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

My wife and I are attending a 4 day defensive handgun course at Front Sight in mid-April. A buddy that lives in Arizona has been there before, and He thought the training was great. I do know a couple of things about ammo down there. 1) No re-loads allowed. 2) If you plan on renting a weapon from them you must purchase your ammo there.

I would trust my life to the Black Water guys, not the iraqis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger.357 View Post
    My wife and I are attending a 4 day defensive handgun course at Front Sight in mid-April. A buddy that lives in Arizona has been there before, and He thought the training was great. I do know a couple of things about ammo down there. 1) No re-loads allowed. 2) If you plan on renting a weapon from them you must purchase your ammo there.
    When I went there, I purchased my ammo from The Gun Store, located on Tropicana Avenue. Though you might want to call them ahead of time to order the 1600 rounds you'll need. When I bought 800 rounds from them, they told me I was fortunate that they had as much in stock because they don't specialize in bulk sales.

Of course, you could bring ammo from home, but like you said, no reloads. I believe there's also a rule against steel cased ammo, but call Front Sight and ask them for any restrictions.

Best of success to you in your 4 day defensive handgun course!

I just signed up for the email news letters, however I really dont see myself financially being able to go this year. Especially with air fare/ lodging from ND... but is there any tips you can share that I may be able to practice here?

Quote Originally Posted by Skindad88 View Post
    I just signed up for the email news letters, however I really dont see myself financially being able to go this year. Especially with air fare/ lodging from ND... but is there any tips you can share that I may be able to practice here?
    That's exactly what I thought when I first heard about FS and watched their video. I never thought that I would have the financial ability to go there. Just keep reading the newsletter emails from them--they're offering specials all the time!

I took advantage of one of their offers for a life membership plus a Glock pistol for an unbelievable price! I have seen many other similar offers go by as well. FS members have exclusive access to a members-only forum--you can meet up with other members there to split hotel and/or car rental costs.

Even if you only manage to get a course certificate, instead of a life membership, the course certificates do not expire, so you can take as long as you need to save up for your trip out there!

Here is the current Front Sight deal and it includes a new handgun.

https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp

Great price for the two courses you can take plus the XD handgun!

Here is a website of video shot while someone took a 4 Day DHG course.

http://www.vbs.tv/video.php?id=1460774120

As a student, FS doesn't want YOU to shoot video, but crews are allowed for some reason?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast