2 days and counting - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2 days and counting

This is a discussion on 2 days and counting within the Handgun Tactics, Training, and Practice forums, part of the Handguns category; Originally Posted by AZSATT That's good training for 'worst case scenario' situations... but I use them primarily to build and ...

Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    That's good training for 'worst case scenario' situations... but I use them primarily to build and develop confidence in the shooter.

If you can do all that and shoot well under 'stress' (induced with a little PT and a stopwatch - no one shooting at you) you're doing well.

That's good stuff!
    Ya it's a lot of fun to learn and good to know. I figure the more I have in my box of tricks the more likely I'll come out on top in a self defense situation. As with everything else he made us do that both right handed and left. Learning to shoot with your weak hand took some getting use to also.

I'd also like to take some hand to hand classes that teach disarming and how to use a knife.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Ya it's a lot of fun to learn and good to know. I figure the more I have in my box of tricks the more likely I'll come out on top in a self defense situation. As with everything else he made us do that both right handed and left. Learning to shoot with your weak hand took some getting use to also.

I'd also like to take some hand to hand classes that teach disarming and how to use a knife.
    DT's and edged weapon training, along weapon retention & disarming training, are all great tools to have in one's 'tool belt.' Just be careful in retention & disarming drills - that's a great way to suffer a real injury, trying to take or hold onto a weapon another is also holding onto... fingers can take a beating.

Add some tactical carbine, long range rifle, and a smattering of crew-served machinegun training, and you'll be ready for when the 'zombies' come in their black helicopters.

It's all good!
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12