.223 rifle to hunt with
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

.223 rifle to hunt with

This is a discussion on .223 rifle to hunt with within the Hunting forums, part of the Other category; Guys. Anybody recommend a .223 rifle that I can hunt with up to deer size plz must be bolt action...

Default .223 rifle to hunt with

Guys. Anybody recommend a .223 rifle that I can hunt with up to deer size plz must be bolt action

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by Mousedaddy View Post
    Guys. Anybody recommend a .223 rifle that I can hunt with up to deer size plz must be bolt action
    CZ-USA -> CZ 527 Lux
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

You may check your states hunting regs. Several states that I have hunted in require something bigger than .22 caliber to hunt deer.

I know a guy in VA who uses a .218 Bee and was let go by a friendly but stern warning by a F&G Officer. I was there and very surprised he was permitted to keep his rifle.

KK

I'm in GA and you can hunt here with a.22 center fire according to the NRA site

Savage 10XP Predator Hunter in .223 ~ 22" BBL ~ 43" Overall ~ 1 in 9 twist ~ 7.25 LBS ~ Mossy Oak finish ~ 4~12x40 scope ... was around $760 thru Davidson's ... this thing is a tack driver! (also comes in a 'snow' camo...at least it used to).

Happy Shootin'

Shoobee is offline Banned

223 is a varminting round not a deer round. For deer you need to jump up one more calibre, to 243. Otherwise you are just wasting your own time and probably wasting a deer carcass as well, which you will never find, after you shoot it with a 223.

I was told by numerous people that you can hunt with a .223 you have to use hunting rounds not fmj

This is shocking to me that a AR 15 won't bring a deer down?
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government" - Thomas Jefferson

Lots of deer are taken with .223 and many from AR15's but good shot placement is important as it should always be considered for an ethical hunt as no one should want to chance long suffering by their game animals.
    "One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."
    Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
    Suggestions by Domineaux | Texas Gun Forum

I would not hunt with anything less then a 308. I would not even hunt with a 270. One shot one kill.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast