Springfield scout as a deer rife

Springfield scout as a deer rife

This is a discussion on Springfield scout as a deer rife within the Hunting forums, part of the Other category; Does anyone have any experience using the Springfield scout for whitetail deer hunting....

Default Springfield scout as a deer rife

Does anyone have any experience using the Springfield scout for whitetail deer hunting.

Blog Entries

I have an M1A loaded that I use for Mulies.....Dont know what the .308 would do to a whitetail, but it goes through the Mulie
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

It would certainly work, but that's a heavy rifle for carrying in the woods all day. Other then the weight factor, I'd probably enjoy hunting with it.

tricolordad is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

+1 on DanielJoe's post. My Mosin is basically an overpowered .308 (7.62x51 NATO=.308win 7.62x54R=mosin aka "Russian .308") and it blasts right through whitetails. I hit a doe 3 times from within 20 feet last season and it didn't go down for well over 3 miles even with a shattered hip. Shoot better than I did and you'll be fine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    It would certainly work, but that's a heavy rifle for carrying in the woods all day. Other then the weight factor, I'd probably enjoy hunting with it.
    How much does it weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    How much does it weigh?
    50 lbs at the end of the day.

Blog Entries

Lol practice makes perfect. I been carrying mine over my shoulder around the house. Its a beast.

Default Deer Hunting with Scout M5

I had one for about 15 years, .22 Hornet/410, I wasn't that good of a shot with the open sites and had a couple of opportunities but decided they weren't ethical shots as I was about 200 feet away and wasn't sure I would have a lethal shot with the Hornet. I added the red dot site but never took it along on a hunt with the site.