This is the week, House Bill 148 vote nears - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is the week, House Bill 148 vote nears

This is a discussion on This is the week, House Bill 148 vote nears within the Illinois Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; My Rep Tom Cross voted for. Have gone through my email address's asking everyone to find out who their Rep ...

My Rep Tom Cross voted for. Have gone through my email address's asking everyone to find out who their Rep is to see if they need to change their mind.
    Be cool and eat fruit!

No new news since the deadline was extended until end of May, then it went to Rules Committee... Anyone hear anything else?

Default Hb 148

The lastest info as of 01 July is that Phelps has more than he needs to pass this. Should the goof gov decide to veto (as he has said he will and is why he is being sued along with the AG) they have enough to pass it anyway.

Slightly OT:

It appears that WI is going to go "Shall issue,resident only and recognize those NR Permits that have training,BG checks(prints) and actual live fire range time. This will rule out the PA license. Thus far the AZ permit looks like the way to go.

ARMED(and always will be) IN CHICAGO
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

Does anyone recall what the deadline is for reintroduction of HB148 for vote?
    Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for HB0148
    Shows that it was sent back to the Rules Committee in March.
    Do you think they are possibly waiting until the lame duck session after the elections?

Quote Originally Posted by jgolden View Post
    Does anyone recall what the deadline is for reintroduction of HB148 for vote?
    Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for HB0148
    Shows that it was sent back to the Rules Committee in March.
    Do you think they are possibly waiting until the lame duck session after the elections?
    The vote will probably be between May 14 and May 25. The are two Bills for the RTC. For the most up to date info, join Illinois Carry - A Website Dedicated To Advancing Conceal Carry For Illinois and help us, it's free
    Bud
    A law abiding citizen of Illinois is a disarmed target waiting to become a victim

Hey Budman what happened to the vote? Have a little trouble with King Madigan? When are you guys going to get it thru your heads that concealed carry will NEVER become a reality in that state until you let the neanderthals north of I-80 opt out? Madigan runs things in illinois, and the white house is behind him 1000%. And the NRA just keeps ignoring all the downstaters just as the chicago machine does. As for any help with your court cases, not a chance. One case has already been refused by a reagan appointed judge. The same case that you all thought was a sure winner. Madigan is going to stall this out long enough to let the prez get another scotus justice appointed, and that's the end of the right to carry struggle in illinois. Period. End of story!

There are provisions in ILCS 720 5/24(Illinois ******** Gun Law) that provided for a form of carry. Read it. As for Madigan, I am researching his personal,(HOME) information and will post here. THERE NEEDS TO BE OUTCRY PROTESTS ECT. Illinois (due to no CCW) has one of the highest crime rates in the country and coincidentally,those crimes are ARMED CRIMES. We are helpless sheep in this state. ANY OTHER STATE IN THE UNION Allows some form of CCW and by Majority Rule,Illinois has no choice. Quinn passes a "sort of" gun law here in 2008(?) which allows a gun owner to carry on anothers property with that persons consent. READ ILLINOIS LAWS....After you are done laughing(or crying) you will note they ARENT to protect the public,they are to MAKE MONEY FOR THE STATE. THe time for REVOLT is very near.
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

I hear they may try to bring it back up during the Veto session... let's hope...
    B

Quote Originally Posted by bcihak View Post
    I hear they may try to bring it back up during the Veto session... let's hope...
    B
    Let's hope it happens early in the session so Quinn doesn't let it sit on his desk until the end of the 60day max and then vetoes it...after the legislature veto session has ended.

Well the Democrats, and by Democrats I mean Chicago Machine just got veto-proof majorities in the Senate and Legislature, Madigan is still "el Jefe" and that inept idiot Quinn still occupies the Governor's mansion so lemme think...nope, not a chance in hell of HB 148 going anywhere until at least 2015. I was planning on moving anyway, this just gives me more of an incentive (as if no jobs, high taxes, crap roads, and Chicago running this entire state weren't enough).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast