Indiana Non Resident Permits
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Indiana Non Resident Permits

  1. #1

    Indiana Non Resident Permits

    Does anybody have a website link or telephone number to get an Indiana non-resident permit application?

  2. #2
    wolfhunter Guest
    Looks like you'll need to contact the local LEO where your business is located:
    (Excerpts from Indiana Concealed Carry Permit Information )
    1. Applications are made through the local police department; permits are issued by the Indiana State Police.
    2. Anyone not residing in Indiana but has a place of business in Indiana is eligible to receive a license; the requirements are the same as they are for those who do reside in Indiana.

  3. #3
    I don't have an Indiana business and I am several states away. Does that mean I am not eligible for a non resident permit?
    I like the lifetime permit option, but if you have to be a resident or business owner, I guess I'll pass!

  4. #4

    no non-resident permit in Indiana

    As mentioned previously Indiana only has permits for residents (or owners of Indiana businesses).

    The good news is that Indiana recognizes EVERYBODIES permits.

    Got a permit in your state? Good to go in Indiana.

    Can't get a permit in you state? Get one from some other state that allows non-resident permits (Florida / Utah) and you are good to go in Indiana.

    Not a US citizen? Get on from any foreign country and Indiana will recognize it.

    Pretty easy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,646
    Quote Originally Posted by ReadnFool View Post
    As mentioned previously Indiana only has permits for residents (or owners of Indiana businesses).

    The good news is that Indiana recognizes EVERYBODIES permits.

    Got a permit in your state? Good to go in Indiana.

    Can't get a permit in you state? Get one from some other state that allows non-resident permits (Florida / Utah) and you are good to go in Indiana.

    Not a US citizen? Get on from any foreign country and Indiana will recognize it.

    Pretty easy.
    Technically, that's not correct. Indiana will issue permits to nonresidents who have a regular place of business in Indiana.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  6. #6

    Here is the website!

    Easy to get the forms,but you must still appear to file them! ISP: Forms.IN.gov

  7. Indiana permits

    I know this is an old thread but I felt I should correct a misconception here.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReadnFool View Post
    The good news is that Indiana recognizes EVERYBODIES permits.
    Actually, that's not true. Indiana has "automatic reciprocity." This means they will recognize any state's permit that recognizes Indiana's. This DOES NOT mean they recognize every other state's permits as some require a class/training and therefor don't recognize Indiana's because Indiana does not require a class/training.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cawpin View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I felt I should correct a misconception here.



    Actually, that's not true. Indiana has "automatic reciprocity." This means they will recognize any state's permit that recognizes Indiana's. This DOES NOT mean they recognize every other state's permits as some require a class/training and therefor don't recognize Indiana's because Indiana does not require a class/training.
    No...IN honors ALL other states permits regardless of whether the other state honors theirs.

    FAQs #11 and 12

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    No...IN honors ALL other states permits regardless of whether the other state honors theirs.

    FAQs #11 and 12
    I looked at your link and looked up the code it quoted. You are correct.

    It says it was added by "As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32."

    This makes me think it was added in 1983 but I know it wasn't this way when I looked it up in 1998. The verbiage was, something like "if recognized by another state."

    I will have to do more investigating.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •