Visiting Indiana with an out of state CCW permit....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Visiting Indiana with an out of state CCW permit....

This is a discussion on Visiting Indiana with an out of state CCW permit.... within the Indiana Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; I'm active duty military with a Tennessee CCW permit and im gonna be going on leave and visiting family in ...

Default Visiting Indiana with an out of state CCW permit....

I'm active duty military with a Tennessee CCW permit and im gonna be going on leave and visiting family in Indiana for about 2 weeks, can I still carry in Indiana with my TN permit?

The best advice is to research that yourself. I contact states public safety office. They can help you out. Also check out handgunlaws.us

Quote Originally Posted by krunk1 View Post
    I'm active duty military with a Tennessee CCW permit and im gonna be going on leave and visiting family in Indiana for about 2 weeks, can I still carry in Indiana with my TN permit?

Legal Heat app for Droid and Iphone.....best app that will save you time and answer most of your questions about where you can and can not carry with your CCW in your home state. Look it up!! :)

Yes, Indiana recognizes permits issued by other states. You can research at Indiana Code TITLE 35, Article 47 Table of Contents

Blog Entries

Yes but travel through Kentucky not Ohio

Yes, as long as TN, allowes IN residents to carry.

WB9IIE is offline Master of Poverty Knob
    Soverign State of Poverty Knob near Tennessee

Check out Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps. When you get there, a map of the U.S. will be near the top of the page. There are two tabs... STATES THAT HONOR MY PRMITS and PERMITS HONORED BY STATE. Click on the STATES THAT HONOR MY PERMIT tab, then click on your home state (Tennessee). The states that show up in BLUE honor your Tennessee permit. Those in RED do not. Next, go to the top of the page and click on the CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT INFO tab. Select one state at a time, and review the laws of each state you will be traveling through/to. Pay particular attention to area considered as OFF LIMITS, and whether it is a MUST CONCEAL or MAY CONCEAL state. Some states allow open carry and others are MUST CONCEAL states. If you have further questions, follow the instructions on the page for CONTACT INFORMATION or contact the State Police for that particular state.

One other thing that I do to add to my knowlege base is I cut and paste onto a word document the OFF LIMITS area listed for each state I will be traveling through, and print a copy to have handy as you are in each state... center console or glove compartment.
    Let's hear it for Gun Free Zones... Public places where the criminal has a monopoly
    on self defense. - Gary Nelson 2012

Thank you guys for the thoughtful and informative responses, I appreciate it. I checked the maps and the state police and am good to go with my permit. (i downloaded that app as well)

Thanks. Very helpful.

IN honors ALL other states' permits.

IN does have a stipulation that how you carry in IN depends on the permit you are carrying with. If you permit is a "Concealed Carry" permit then you must conceal. It is is merely a "Carry" permit than you can OC or CC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast