Current wait times...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Current wait times...

This is a discussion on Current wait times... within the Indiana Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; According to Indianapolis news WTHR 13 the current wait time for an Indiana Carry Permit is 4 - 17 weeks! ...

jfisch is offline Resident Troll
    Blog Entries

Default Current wait times...

According to Indianapolis news WTHR 13 the current wait time for an Indiana Carry Permit is 4 - 17 weeks! I filled my application out at the end of November and it took nearly 2 months to get the permit so I'm guessing the 17 weeks is probably more accurate. First the election, then the Newtown shooting and now the proposed gun ban have all sent Indiana permit requests through the roof.

Source:Gun control debate hits home for many in Indiana - 13 WTHR Indianapolis
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

I paid and submitted all the paperwork in early November 2012 and have still not received my permit. I have a clean criminal background and completely qualify so I dont know what the hold up can be. I'm trying to find who to contact to check on its status because i feel like if I go back to the police department where I filed they wouldn't be able to really give me an answer. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

I am waiting as well. Filed last month and not expceting to get it anytime soon.....

jfisch is offline Resident Troll
    Blog Entries

The only way to really check on your LTCH is to call the ISP at: 317-232-8264. If you give them your information they can tell you when they received all your info and what day they're up to with processing them. You can also try emailing them: ISPFirearmsquestions@isp.in.gov but I personally gave them a call. It was busy for 20 minutes but I just kept redialing until I got through. Once I got through she said that they received my info on Nov. 21st and were currently processing up to Nov. 15th or something. I finally got mine mid January.
    Another way is to see if the checks (if you wrote checks) were cashed. That kind of gave me an idea that at least it went that far. Once the checks go through the ISP usually has all your info but this doesn't help with knowing how much longer you might have to wait.
    Hope this helps!
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

Ya gotta move to Virginia. 3 to 5 weeks to get the permit.

Steon is offline NRA Member & Freemason

I just did an address change about 6 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting on the new license with the updated address

So I feel the pain of all you new applicants

Just got mine on the 13th of March. So for anyone else out there wondering it took about an even 4 months for me to get mine. Thanks everyone for the feedback

A year ago we got ours in 5 days. We did it all online except the trip to the local police station

Applied on February 14 recieved May 11. ...12 weeks.

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

Sheesh! I'm glad I got my lifetime permit back in '08 and never have to go through this again!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast