Your Chance to ask a Firearm Instructor - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Your Chance to ask a Firearm Instructor

This is a discussion on Your Chance to ask a Firearm Instructor within the Instructors Corner forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Glock Fan Both guns will do the job. Once you decide on a reliable firearm, you may ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Both guns will do the job. Once you decide on a reliable firearm, you may want to find a way to shoot both pistols. T note of your likes and dislikes of each. This will help you make your final selection. There are many carry methods available. Key part to deciding which pistol is best for you would be you having confidence in the selected firearm and ability to accurately fire the handgun.
    Going to shot a Ruger SR9 tomorrow. Thanks Glock fan

Not the safest and I would advise my students not to use this method it's even more dangerous depending on finger placement at the time. The safest way to load for this result is to install the magazine load a round in the chamber and then remove the magazine and insert the additional round and reinsert the magazine

I'm fr Ohio. It is not legal to carry to guns when hunting. Now that I have my ccw can I carry a pistol with my shot gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Taylor View Post
    I'm fr Ohio. It is not legal to carry to guns when hunting. Now that I have my ccw can I carry a pistol with my shot gun?
    "Concealed Carry
    A person possessing a valid Ohio-issued Concealed Carry license may carry their concealed weapon while hunting, but it may not be used to shoot, shoot at, or kill any wild animal. For more information go to www.ag.state.oh.us."
    http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/...g_general.aspx
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Why do some handguns leave a small "tail" on the primer where the firing pin strikes it?
    your question tells me that you are shooting a Glock.The Glock firing pin is not withdrawn from contact with the primer until the slide moves.All Glock pistols leave this "tail" on the primer.

Default chl license

I am getting ready to take a chl class. My husband is about to get his chl instructor license. Will I be able to get my chl through his class or will I need to take the class elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by wa5emt View Post
    I am getting ready to take a chl class. My husband is about to get his chl instructor license. Will I be able to get my chl through his class or will I need to take the class elsewhere?
    Your husband should bring this up when he takes the instructor course. Without knowing the state you're talking about, this is the best answer I can offer based on the information you provided.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

As a NRA instructor I have to follow the NRA guideline and all regulations. I do open it up for questions at the end of the class that are off the record. It is on each instructor to follow the NRA policies if they are a NRA instructor. Most of the instructors you will find are mostly NRA instructors.

Default laser aiming device on defensive pistols

As I look at all the guns and equipment and impressed by laser aiming devices I fail to see their merit much in a self defense combat position which usually is on very close quarters. I can see however where may be somewhat helpful in low or no light combat situations. Anyone care to try and "sell me" on equipping my CCW with a laser?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast