Interesting chatter among officers regarding OC - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Interesting chatter among officers regarding OC

This is a discussion on Interesting chatter among officers regarding OC within the LEO Encounters forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Glock Fan Collapsible batons are illegal in PRCA. Not sure about the pepper spray, but I'm sure ...

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Collapsible batons are illegal in PRCA. Not sure about the pepper spray, but I'm sure that's restricted as well. As for OC of a unloaded semi-auto, it's not too bad. You can have a full magazine on your person, just not inserted into the gun.

I stay away from PRCA whenever possible.

gf
    +1!

Pie8man is offline Ryan, Colorado.

This is exactly why I packed up my family and left that CA place. Thanks for posting the link!

." They described the guy as a black male with dread locks, long baggy t shirt and a baseball hat on backwards, along with a women and a child.. Based on the description, we felt he was most likely not an off duty cop"

So.... in CA it's evidently okay to "Profile" gang bangers, but NOT illegal immigrants.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

jtp

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    ." They described the guy as a black male with dread locks, long baggy t shirt and a baseball hat on backwards, along with a women and a child.. Based on the description, we felt he was most likely not an off duty cop"

So.... in CA it's evidently okay to "Profile" gang bangers, but NOT illegal immigrants.
    Of course, "gang bangers" aren't a liberals target voter group, so they don't get to have the same right:) now if they started a "gang banger" union.....

I wonder what this guy looks like when he's off-duty (at least when he was still employed by the DEA)

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I also left CA a few years ago (after three kids at my daughter's HS were machine-gunned - 2 killed- for cutting off a couple of guys on the 210) and hate returning for visits of friends or tourism.

The attitudes of several of the CA officers were particularly disturbing.

No, they don't have to like me, but basic politeness and mutually respectful treatment of the citizens they protect was treated with incredible arrogance and disdain by one or two of those officers. Frankly, they seemed proud of these proclamations on this subject as well.

I noticed that many other officers (particularly in rural areas) do bring out that there should be far more questioning by the dispatchers with regard to the MWAG's actions as well as the effect(s) on the rest of the people in the area. I loved the comment that it is no different than a call that a man has a wallet. I always use the example of, "OMG, that man has a Bible!" Their nonchalant attitude about cuffing him and proning him out while encountering him purchasing a quart of milk or some tomato soup seems pretty cavalier. While it may be difficult to screen more completely due to call volume, at some point the time wasted harassing their citizens crosses over the cost of more operators and better protocols to justify a response.

Also, while the first officer was quite righteously indignant, if not sarcastic about it, the point of just how many times the PD's can afford to send four cars, 4-8 officers and more units begin to close on the area just because someone is legally engaged in carrying their firearm seems pretty damned valid and relevant. I am no fan of conspiring to confront police with audio & video recorders, but cannot help but wonder what they would do if 40 OC'ers spread out over a 6 square block area with families in tow, engaged in shopping, eating in restaurants, parking their cars, strolling in the parks and visiting banks. Would they call in the next shift early (blowing the week's OT budget) or just strip the city of a significant portion of police presence while detaining, inspecting and questioning every OC'er in sight? Wouldn't this be a massive headache to coordinate and flood their system with contact reports?
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

handgonnetoter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ecocks View Post
    I also left CA a few years ago (after three kids at my daughter's HS were machine-gunned - 2 killed- for cutting off a couple of guys on the 210) and hate returning for visits of friends or tourism.

The attitudes of several of the CA officers were particularly disturbing.

No, they don't have to like me, but basic politeness and mutually respectful treatment of the citizens they protect was treated with incredible arrogance and disdain by one or two of those officers. Frankly, they seemed proud of these proclamations on this subject as well.

I noticed that many other officers (particularly in rural areas) do bring out that there should be far more questioning by the dispatchers with regard to the MWAG's actions as well as the effect(s) on the rest of the people in the area. I loved the comment that it is no different than a call that a man has a wallet. I always use the example of, "OMG, that man has a Bible!" Their nonchalant attitude about cuffing him and proning him out while encountering him purchasing a quart of milk or some tomato soup seems pretty cavalier. While it may be difficult to screen more completely due to call volume, at some point the time wasted harassing their citizens crosses over the cost of more operators and better protocols to justify a response.

Also, while the first officer was quite righteously indignant, if not sarcastic about it, the point of just how many times the PD's can afford to send four cars, 4-8 officers and more units begin to close on the area just because someone is legally engaged in carrying their firearm seems pretty damned valid and relevant. I am no fan of conspiring to confront police with audio & video recorders, but cannot help but wonder what they would do if 40 OC'ers spread out over a 6 square block area with families in tow, engaged in shopping, eating in restaurants, parking their cars, strolling in the parks and visiting banks. Would they call in the next shift early (blowing the week's OT budget) or just strip the city of a significant portion of police presence while detaining, inspecting and questioning every OC'er in sight? Wouldn't this be a massive headache to coordinate and flood their system with contact reports?
    Wow, haven't been there in twenty years, and I think I see why. The state is really neat, but the people seem to be what ruin it.

handgonnetoter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I wonder what this guy looks like when he's off-duty (at least when he was still employed by the DEA)

gf
    Man, I must be getting old or my ideas are really outdated. What ever happened to people looking like what you would expect them to look like. This dude looks like some ragamuffin that happened to come across someones gun that was lost. I guess I just don't get it.

wolfhunter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Man, I must be getting old or my ideas are really outdated. What ever happened to people looking like what you would expect them to look like. This dude looks like some ragamuffin that happened to come across someones gun that was lost. I guess I just don't get it.
    But he DOES look like what he is: a dumb@$$ from the DEA who shot himself in front of a classroom full of kids, while telling them that HE was the only one there qualified to handle a Glock 40.

The Dude is offline Dont Tread On Me

wow. california sucks. and this is a prime example as to why.

thanks for sharing that with us.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast