Good Encounter After A Shooting - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good Encounter After A Shooting

This is a discussion on Good Encounter After A Shooting within the LEO Encounters forums, part of the Main Category category; Everything seemed to go well in this story but I question the sanity of the LEO who, after being told ...

Cool Smell the Barrel?

Everything seemed to go well in this story but I question the sanity of the LEO who, after being told the weapon was loaded, the safety off and a round in the chamber, would stick the muzzle up to his nose to see if it had been fired. Guess it takes all kinds!

OldGrunt, I couldnt agree with you more, all it would take is him to either accidently fumble with the weapon, and it to shoot him in the face, next thing you know youd see me defending myself in Court, thats if the cops on scene didnt blow me away, for "shooting" the cop. I wasnt comfortable with it either. Hope he doesnt do that for every person with a CPL...
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

While I have the same problem as the others with the method used to determine whether or not your gun was fired, I think any supervisor would want to see "The subject's gun had not been discharged" on a report rather than "The subject said he had not fired his gun".

Doesn't sound like you were a suspect as much as a "T that needed to be crossed".

You didn't ID your sidearm but I sure wouldn't have let the LEO remove my unfamiliar (to him) Condition 0 weapon (round in the chamber, hammer cocked, safety off) from an unfamiliar holster and then put it back in the same state. Damn good way to get yourself shot in the leg/foot by a friendly!

3X PM

handgonnetoter Guest

Its good to hear stories about how citizens and police can work together, and show each other respect, in a situation such as that. It sounds like you played your cards pretty well. I don't think I would have went outside though. Had a similar situation, about 18 years ago, when my wife and I lived in Naples, Florida. Won't get into it here, but I ended up calling Collier County on that one and they did show up en masse. I had stayed inside our trailer with my Mossberg 12 ga. and waited for the calvary to show up. If a BG would have tried to bust through my door though, it would have been curtins for him. Glad eveything worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees!
    As a retired senior military officer, I spend quite a bit of time talking to vets with some horrific injuries in the local VA hospitals as well as at Walter Reed and the National Naval Medical Center. And not one of them has ever voiced a regret to me that absolutely everything possible was done to save their lives on the battlefield...even though some returned with unimaginable burns, limbs and eyes missing, unrecognizable facial features, massive internal injuries. Now granted, the vet suicide rate in that critical 12 - 24 months afterwards is certainly a lot higher than any of us would like but IMO it's the "system" that's failing to provide a suitable level of compassionate care which is driving them to an unfortunate solution...not that they'd rather have died on the battlefield...on their feet as you put it.

3X PM

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    As a retired senior military officer, I spend quite a bit of time talking to vets with some horrific injuries in the local VA hospitals as well as at Walter Reed and the National Naval Medical Center. And not one of them has ever voiced a regret to me that absolutely everything possible was done to save their lives on the battlefield...even though some returned with unimaginable burns, limbs and eyes missing, unrecognizable facial features, massive internal injuries. Now granted, the vet suicide rate in that critical 12 - 24 months afterwards is certainly a lot higher than any of us would like but IMO it's the "system" that's failing to provide a suitable level of compassionate care which is driving them to an unfortunate solution...not that they'd rather have died on the battlefield...on their feet as you put it.
    This relates to the topic at hand .... how?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Response to "I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees!" and the topic of the thread I guess.

Seems pretty obvious to me. But not to you apparently, Treo.

3X PM

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Enquiring minds want to know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12