The Police State and Gestapo Mentallity - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree30Likes

The Police State and Gestapo Mentallity

This is a discussion on The Police State and Gestapo Mentallity within the LEO Encounters forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by longslide10 What would you like to call it? Explain the militarization of police across the country. My ...

Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    What would you like to call it? Explain the militarization of police across the country.
    My personal opinion (very brief gotta get ready for work) in a police state all of the actions of the "police" are organized. I don't feel that the "militant" actions of the various local police forces are "organized".

Crime is getting worse....both more occurances and more violent. The ACLU, liberal judges, etc, have created a situation where the criminals aren't being punished, and often just convicted and immediately put back on the streets. Local and national governments are pressured to bind the LEOs hands....their every action is under a microscope, and there is constant monitoring of all police stops and calls via scanners etc. If the media doesn't report it, it is reported by a blogger or on YouTube. A relevant number of law abiding Americans have traditionally viewed the police as adversaries (minorities, militia types, libertarians, radical left, etc), and now that number is growing substantially by people that are paranoid.

IMO, the "militancy" of LEO is out of frustration....their every action is viewed by someone as wrong. So why even try?

Hold that thought, gotta run.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Yes, the courts and prisons turn them out nearly as fast as they can be convicted. That is a big problem part of which is not enough prison space. Yes they are under a microscope, and well they should be. We must always remember that the government consists of Servants, not Masters, and another term for constant monitoring is Transparency. They have chosen to represent the government and as such they have tremendous power and responsibility. Another definition for "Thin Blue Line" is that police walk a thin line between righteous law enforcement and lawless thuggery. These are the hazards of the job and as sad as it is, If they are so burnt out that they feel it's OK to break the law then, they need to find a different line of work before they lose their souls.
    "...on any given day there are bad people in the world who are able and willing to hurt you." --Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123