Dissarmed by officer upon traffic stop ? Wilson NC. WTF ?
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Dissarmed by officer upon traffic stop ? Wilson NC. WTF ?

This is a discussion on Dissarmed by officer upon traffic stop ? Wilson NC. WTF ? within the LEO Encounters forums, part of the Main Category category; Attacking me / my character / my abilities as a father are not appreciated, seems that many of you here ...

Default Dissarmed by officer upon traffic stop ? Wilson NC. WTF ?

Attacking me / my character / my abilities as a father are not appreciated, seems that many of you here are no better than what you claim me to be.

For the others, Thanks for the input,,,
    Last edited by dc1263; 04-16-2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Post deleted by member for unnecessary personal attacks
    The Right of The People To Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed

The person who calls 911 first will be perceived as the victim.

Right or wrong I see them dumb ass driver everyday. I just let it go. My town has a 4 way stop where seems everyone on the left just speeds up instead of coming to a complete stop. It's tough but my blood pressure would explode if I let all them dumbasses get to me. I know it's tough but don't let it ruin your day.

I have had that happen her in Iowa once when I was stopped. I didn't think much of it because the police out here are really nervous from the jump in number of people who have received them in 2011. To me I would rather have the office more comfortable so I am less likely to get a ticket but totally understand what your talking about as the same thing happened to me with this old guy.

Instigating a reckless driver rather than just ignoring them.

Re-instigating when she cut you off again.

Later having the cruise control set for 10 mph under the speed limit.

Then giving sass to a cop when he decides to be careful and disarm you.

Sounds to me like you got what you deserve. You should have just ignored the idiot who cut you off in the first place and have been on your merry way.

Flanmedic51 Guest

Seems routine to me. Try not to get too bent over it although it is inconvenient for you. He can and will do whatever he needs to do to feel safe. You got a warning....ain't all that bad...seems like he didn't have much evidence to go on to charge you with anything.

Better to just let it go next time. With a 14 YO in the car, they could have done all sorts of child endangerment crap.
    Don't escalate the situation by following,doing hand signs, or lipping off. It won't gain you a damn thing except another run in with with the cops.
    The cop couldn't really prove anything on you if you weren't drinking, doping, and he didn't see you making any questionable driving moves but he wanted to make sure you knew he was "the man in control".

Not sure what you expected to happen. Did you expect the cop to treat you like a fellow LEO? It doesn't seem healthy that you would have a negative attitude after your encounter, and the way you acted might not bode well for the next law-abiding citizen that this cop pulls over after you shared with him your spurned attitude. After all, he gave you only a warning, which probably resulted in no points and no fine. I've had similar encounters and had them go both ways. Actually, I just had one recently where a cop acted similarly, with one big difference.

When he pulled me over, I had been speeding. As he was walking up, I rolled all of my windows all the way down and put both hands out the window, fingers spread out wide, so he could see them. He knew what that meant. He was a pro and knew the drill. When I came up to the door, I told him that for his safety and mine I was letting him know that I have a CCW license, and have a handgun in a holster on my right hip. He very calmly asked me to slowly get out, he took the gun out of the holster, brought it back to his car, then came back and asked for my license, CCW and insurance card. I had no problem with any of it as I have LEOs in my family and give them full respect because I know their job can go from zero to the ugliest in a fraction of a second. Ultimately, this cop gave me a warning, handed me my gun back with no magazine in it, then emptied the magazine into my hand. I had no problem with none of it. Why would I have a problem with it? I wasn't planning on shooting him, and have much respect for how he and his fellow officers have a tough job but still keep me safe every day.

Respectfully, it sounds like your angry/hurt/bitter attitude made this encounter worse than it could have been. Sorry your feelings were hurt by this cop, but still glad you got off with only a warning. I'm glad you and your daughter are safe as well. I just hope he doesn't give one of us a hard time after you getting cranky with him, or think negatively of the rest of us with CCW licenses.

Ease up a bit, guy. You're not a cop, and probably never will be, so don't expect them to treat you like one just because you carry a gun. I don't; why should you?

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermoon:300473
    Instigating a reckless driver rather than just ignoring them.

Re-instigating when she cut you off again.

Later having the cruise control set for 10 mph under the speed limit.

Then giving sass to a cop when he decides to be careful and disarm you.

Sounds to me like you got what you deserve. You should have just ignored the idiot who cut you off in the first place and have been on your merry way.
    This...clearly a fight and a problem looking for a place to happen.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

......... be glad the crazy had a phone instead of a gun.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast