The Gun "Went Off" - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

The Gun "Went Off"

This is a discussion on The Gun "Went Off" within the LEO Encounters forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Rayb I tried to convince my wife that my wallet went off by itself and bought that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rayb View Post
    I tried to convince my wife that my wallet went off by itself and bought that last gun without me, that didn't work either.....
    I tried to convince my gun that my wife went off by herself but that didn't work either. She came home.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Accidents are very rare, negligence is more common. No one here was there, so no one here can say whether or not the firearm failed or he was being negligent. A firearm is a man made machine, we are not perfect, we do not make perfect machines, they can fail.

It would be nice, if the media portrayed the firearm with respect, and stated the firearm failed and a round was discharged unintentionally. Until the investigation (if there is one, but that's a different problem) comes out, who knows what happened.

It would be nice if they stated where the bullet went. Ie: if it struck just below his chair, where he was sitting, and his holstered firearm was directly above the hole, maybe it was a mechanical failure. Or, if the hole was 5 feet away on his non weapon side, it was most likely in his hand.

It would be nice to know if the firearm cycled properly. If the firearm was in the holster, there is a good chance of a cycling failure there too.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

In most instances where a cop's (or MP's) gun "just goes off", he was ACTUALLY "just playing quick draw".

It happened with a security guard at the NASA contractor where I was FSO in the '90s. Shot a hole in the first floor lady's room door. One of the programmers drew a chalk body outline on the door the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    In most instances where a cop's (or MP's) gun "just goes off", he was ACTUALLY "just playing quick draw".

It happened with a security guard at the NASA contractor where I was FSO in the '90s. Shot a hole in the first floor lady's room door. One of the programmers drew a chalk body outline on the door the next day.
    Oh you know he was aiming at it and making little "pkew pkew" sounds with his mouth.

BTW, creepy avatar D.
    Ton up!

That is your story and you are sticking to it. If it works please let us know. Several here have similiar problems---LOL

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    BTW, creepy avatar D.
    I'm a lot like Anton Chigurh... minus his "touchy feely", sensitive side...

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I'm a lot like Anton Chigurh... minus his "touchy feely", sensitive side...
    Once again it's time for the stunned emoticon: 0_o
    Ton up!

This is all too often spoken about when the anti-gunners get together. A gun can't just go off any more than my car can just start and leave without me. The truth of the matter is that someone was doing something they shouldn't have been doing! Fire the idiot. I'm glad I don't have a child in that school!

So was there ever any official conclusion of the investigation into the incident?
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

All these guns that have learned to fire themselves! Damn, I'm happy mine are all still ignorant.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast