The Gun "Went Off"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

The Gun "Went Off"

This is a discussion on The Gun "Went Off" within the LEO Encounters forums, part of the Main Category category; I love how they talk about the gun like it has a mind of its own. It just "went off". ...

Default The Gun "Went Off"

I love how they talk about the gun like it has a mind of its own. It just "went off".

A Northside Independent School District police officer's gun accidentally discharged at a middle school this morning.

Dough Schramm, a 16-year NISD Police Department veteran, was alone in his Jordan Middle School office with the door closed when the weapon went off, district spokesman Pascual Gonzalez said.

Schramm immediately told the NISD police chief and the school's principal. Preliminary investigation found the bullet never left the office.

Schramm, 39, was placed on paid administrative leave as NISD police continue to investigate. He has been at the middle school five years.

If Schramm is found to have violated a policy on when guns may be unholstered, he could face consequences ranging from a verbal reprimand to termination, Gonzalez said.

“This is certainly a very serious incident and it's something that our Police Department is taking very seriously,” Gonzalez said.

hkonnath@express-news.net

Read more: NISD police officer's gun goes off on campus - San Antonio Express-News

I don't see how any modern duty gun could just "go off"". Had a situation in MO last year, a school security gaird claimed it just went off while cleaning it . There are so many problems with his story, I don't know where to even start.

i just recently learned how to clean a gun for the first time and i just don't see how it could go off whilst doing so
    before you begin to clean the gun the first thing is to unload it mag and chambered bullet how the hell can it just go off while cleaning it???
    gun control is being able to hit your target

No one is responsible in this country for anything they do. It is always your upbringing, your ailment, your alphabet disease or psychological problem, the drug you took, the stuck gas pedal, and of course, the magic gun with a brain that just felt like shooting.The only person responsible for anything in this country is George Bush--just ask the moslem slimebucket.

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

This 'Cop' needs to be terminated....Plain and simple.
    He easily could have killed an innocent bystander.
    Friggin moron.
    SMFH
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    i just recently learned how to clean a gun for the first time and i just don't see how it could go off whilst doing so
    before you begin to clean the gun the first thing is to unload it mag and chambered bullet how the hell can it just go off while cleaning it???
    It can't, eagle. It's a term used for three circumstances: 1. someone mishandled the gun while it was still loaded and they were preparing to clean it; 2. someone was playing with their gun and "cleaning" sounds better than "screwing around"; or 3. someone shot someone else or themselves, and, especially in cases of suicide, people think "cleaning accident" sits better with the survivors.
    Ton up!

Sometimes I think first the person "went off" and then the gun followed. All these years and I ain't ever seen one jump up and fire.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Just goes to show how ignorant the media is and how ignorant the antis are. Reporting like this where they personify a gun and make it seem like the gun chose to shoot itself only furthers the liberal agenda of making guns seem like much more than an inanimate object that they are. The liberals make people scared of guns by doing things like this and denying responsibility of the person and placing it on the "evil" gun.

I tried to convince my wife that my wallet went off by itself and bought that last gun without me, that didn't work either.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rayb View Post
    I tried to convince my wife that my wallet went off by itself and bought that last gun without me, that didn't work either.....
    LOL. I'll attest to that if you'll do the same for me.
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast