Getting pulled over in Arizona.......Awesome!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Getting pulled over in Arizona.......Awesome!

This is a discussion on Getting pulled over in Arizona.......Awesome! within the LEO Encounters forums, part of the Main Category category; Me and my brother both open and conceal carry in our great state of Arizona. We both have the highest ...

gunsandgardens is offline Brian F.
    Blog Entries

Default Getting pulled over in Arizona.......Awesome!

Me and my brother both open and conceal carry in our great state of Arizona. We both have the highest respect for for our LEOs and the laws of our city and state. One night, after leaving my house in Surprise AZ, he (my brother) was pulled over for having a busted light for his license plate. Now, even though Arizona does not have a Duty to Inform Law, everyone reading this knows that it is just basic logic that letting the officer know you have a firearm vs. him or her finding it will greatly increase your chances of having a good day. So, needless to say, when the officer (city cop not DPS. Not that it matters) approached the car, he announced that he had a firearm. The LEO proceeded to thank him for letting him know and then asked him if the gun was loaded. My brother usually always keeps his guns "ready" as we like to call it but when he comes over and is around my kids, he likes to leave the chamber empty. Knowing that his gun was still in this state he told the officer, "No. Magazine is full but there is not a round chambered." I ***** you not this was the officers response....."Why not? Do you plan on throwing it at somebody?" Hahaha After a few laughs and a quick lesson on why an unloaded gun is pointless, the officer told him to get the plate light fixed and was on his way. I love this State!
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. - Patrick Henry

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

I have to agree with the cop on this one. If you're going to carry a weapon load the chamber and leave the damn thing alone
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I have to agree with the cop on this one. If you're going to carry a weapon load the chamber and leave the damn thing alone
    I agree too and he usually does but when he comes over to play with the kids (I have 3), he likes to take it off and put it on top of the fridge where they can't reach it. Even though they all know gun safety and are fully aware what a firearm is capable of doing, he feels better knowing that it can't be discharged. I am completely okay with this. It just so happened that when he was pulled over, he had yet to re-chamber it.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. - Patrick Henry

XfNujNplhaib is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum

I have a Glock!

Quote Originally Posted by XfNujNplhaib View Post
    I have a Glock!
    ?LMFAO....That's good. I have a Glock too. My mommy lets me play with it, does your mommy let you play with your Glock?
    Lowell
    Connecticut & Florida CCW Permit

“Less of a random killing machine, more of a personal statement.” Q about the PPK/S

I wouldnt have informed him of the gun. Its completely irrelevant to anything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    I wouldnt have informed him of the gun. Its completely irrelevant to anything.
    Meh, to each his own. Besides, if he hadn't said anything, the exchange of laughs wouldn't have happened. He probably would have got a ticket for the busted tag light. And I wouldn't have had this story to share.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsandgardens View Post
    Now, even though Arizona does not have a Duty to Inform Law, everyone reading this knows that it is just basic logic that letting the officer know you have a firearm vs. him or her finding it will greatly increase your chances of having a good day.
    I'll play the hard azz 'letter of the law' guy here.... If there is no requirement to inform and they don't ask, why volunteer information? The best action, IMHO, is to answer the questions asked if the LEO has the right to ask them. Quite frankly your brother was lucky this LEO was in favor of lawful carry. If he had a different mindset like "I don't want anyone but me to have the upper hand" mindset, this encounter could have ended dramatically different.

"No. Magazine is full but there is not a round chambered." I ***** you not this was the officers response....."Why not? Do you plan on throwing it at somebody?" Hahaha After a few laughs and a quick lesson on why an unloaded gun is pointless,
    I can't agree more with the LEO. Don't leave home without it and one in the chamber.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Meh, to each his own. Besides, if he hadn't said anything, the exchange of laughs wouldn't have happened. He probably would have got a ticket for the busted tag light. And I wouldn't have had this story to share.
    I used to be in favor of informing as well but the more I thought about, the less sense it made. It may provide you with a nice conversation, or it might ruin your day depending on the cop.

I think informing when not required is pointless. It wastes time by introducing an irrelevant topic. It also makes it seem like you are doing something wrong by wanting to fess up to something so quickly.

And what if you get pulled over by a cop impersonator? Now they know you have a gun which may work against you

I've gotten stopped twice for speeding. Never told them about my gun. Got let go with a warning no ticket. And there was no opportunity to have a laugh about any guns being carried unloaded. Mine was loaded, anyway.

I still fail to see the fascination with telling police officers about lawfully carried objects. Why not tell them about your cell phone too and have a good laugh about how much you are paying for your plan?
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast