NC Highway Patrol encounter - funny
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By qthestuntman

NC Highway Patrol encounter - funny

This is a discussion on NC Highway Patrol encounter - funny within the LEO Encounters forums, part of the Main Category category; Had an encounter a few months back with an NC Highway Patrol officer. I was up in the mountains near ...

Default NC Highway Patrol encounter - funny

Had an encounter a few months back with an NC Highway Patrol officer. I was up in the mountains near Franklin NC going to visit some friends for the weekend. Now as I am driving along a winding two lane road I come across two officers standing in the middle of the road stopping cars. As I pull up to the one officer (who I shall call "Buba" with very round body and a big ol wad of dip in his lip) I role down my window and say good morning. He walks up to the window and I proceeded to tell him I have a concealed carry permit and that I am carrying. Buba then says "Ight, can I get yur license and permit from ya?". He looks at my paperwork and notices that I am from Greensboro and says "Greensboro, thats over there near where the DNC is ain't it?" (the DNC was the same weekend). I say "Yeah, it's close (only 100 miles north so not close at all)". Buba - "Whater ya doing way out here?" Me - "Trying to avoid it". He hands be back my paperwork and says "Good man! go on".

CAN'T, Carry Always, Never Tell

I passed by a sheriff stopped on the side of the road clocking people today. I was going about 6 mph over the speed limit.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by qthestuntman View Post
    Had an encounter a few months back with an NC Highway Patrol officer. I was up in the mountains near Franklin NC going to visit some friends for the weekend. Now as I am driving along a winding two lane road I come across two officers standing in the middle of the road stopping cars. As I pull up to the one officer (who I shall call "Buba" with very round body and a big ol wad of dip in his lip) I role down my window and say good morning. He walks up to the window and I proceeded to tell him I have a concealed carry permit and that I am carrying. Buba then says "Ight, can I get yur license and permit from ya?". He looks at my paperwork and notices that I am from Greensboro and says "Greensboro, thats over there near where the DNC is ain't it?" (the DNC was the same weekend). I say "Yeah, it's close (only 100 miles north so not close at all)". Buba - "Whater ya doing way out here?" Me - "Trying to avoid it". He hands be back my paperwork and says "Good man! go on".
    I really did enjoy the story! Your answer "Trying to avoid it" is Priceless. Good stuff all the way around.
    Don't mind ole` NavyLCDR, he's just got a chip bigger than his D!(|< on his shoulder.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Awesome and funny.