Taser or pepper spray
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Taser or pepper spray

This is a discussion on Taser or pepper spray within the Less-Lethal Weapons forums, part of the Main Category category; Which do you think is more effective defense for a runner? I'd love to conceal and carry on a run ...

Default Taser or pepper spray

Which do you think is more effective defense for a runner? I'd love to conceal and carry on a run but I don't think I could conceal or run very well with a gun.

Do you think pepper spray is enough? What about holding or carrying a Taser?

Thanks for your opinions.

You can always get a concealed carry shirt with a removable kydex trigger guard piece, and you should be good-to-go.

A Taser is no different in size of a gun if it's a Taser X26, and should also be carried as one.

OC is horrible stuff if you don't have the training and exposure to it. I have yet to use it on someone, and I would like to keep it that way forever. Heaven forbid I get that stuff on me because of a change of wind direction, or it doesn't work on the person because they are mentally derange or on drugs.

K8lyn is offline K8lyn

I want a Taser! But I have mace (not pepper spray). I'm a mom of three and I travel quiet a bit without my husband, so mace is easy and I can afford to have more than one: one in the diaper bag, purse, pocket on the side of the driver's door, stroller, any extra little pocket. So the price is worth the convenience and availability. It is also light and easy to conceal (I have one that looks like a lipstick container for a small cocktail purse, which would also be easy to carry on a run).
    However, I think there are benefits to a Taser, but some of them are kind of bulky (definitely lighter and easy than a gun).
    Best Self Defense Products: TASER® C2 There is a good picture that helps show the differences if you were in a threatening situation. I thought the picture was good.

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Quote Originally Posted by maas0031 View Post
    Which do you think is more effective defense for a runner? I'd love to conceal and carry on a run but I don't think I could conceal or run very well with a gun.
    Do you think pepper spray is enough? What about holding or carrying a Taser?
    Thanks for your opinions.
    Pepper spray is usually 'very effective' but you must always be mindful of the winds direction if it's a fairly windy day. I always try to carry pepper spray with me, especially when I'm carrying my sidearm. It just makes good sense to me. Why even consider drawing a handgun if pepper spray would be more suitable in a particular given situation, Example; (An unarmed nutjob trying to punch you).
    If you are really considering carrying a tazer while you are running, then you might as well just carry a small, lightweight revolver like the Ruger LCR or a small 380 auto like the Ruger LCP instead.
    There's not really any problem with utilizing a small-medium sized fanny pack on your runs. It may take a little getting used to, but in time I think that you will be happy that you did i.m.o.
    -Good Luck-
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

America First is offline American121

Default which is more effective for a runner?

Try the Ruger LCP and leave the sprays and Taser at home.

FusionPac | www.TactiPac.com

I would think something like a S&W 442 or a G26 would be lite enough in a rig like this that it wouldn't interfere with running.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

go with an LCP or the SIG.380 or a diamondback .380. our govener rick perry carried a LCP and used it while jogging last year. worked for him should work for you.

good luck!

-
    A keychain canister of Sabre, which uses a balistic stream, is the way to go for me. Little chance of blow-back, & that stuff is nasty.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Pepper spray is usually 'very effective' but you must always be mindful of the winds direction if it's a fairly windy day. I always try to carry pepper spray with me, especially when I'm carrying my sidearm. It just makes good sense to me. Why even consider drawing a handgun if pepper spray would be more suitable in a particular given situation, Example; (An unarmed nutjob trying to punch you).
    If you are really considering carrying a tazer while you are running, then you might as well just carry a small, lightweight revolver like the Ruger LCR or a small 380 auto like the Ruger LCP instead.
    There's not really any problem with utilizing a small-medium sized fanny pack on your runs. It may take a little getting used to, but in time I think that you will be happy that you did i.m.o.
    -Good Luck-
    YES! Exactly what he said!!!! If it came down to pepper spray or a Taser I would have to say pepper spray never killed anyone so I would opt for the pepper spray.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    YES! Exactly what he said!!!! If it came down to pepper spray or a Taser I would have to say pepper spray never killed anyone so I would opt for the pepper spray.
    I need to emphasize that pepper spray will not effectively work against someone who is mentally disturbed in the clinical sense, on drugs, or has lots of exposure to it - I have seen this first hand. In my experience, Tasers will work on these people.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast