The secret of protecting yourself from violent assaults…
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

The secret of protecting yourself from violent assaults…

This is a discussion on The secret of protecting yourself from violent assaults… within the Less-Lethal Weapons forums, part of the Main Category category; If you don’t carry a gun or don’t carry one often, this could be the most important message you’ve ever ...

mmckee1952 is offline Banned

Default The secret of protecting yourself from violent assaults…

If you don’t carry a gun or don’t carry one often, this could be the most important message you’ve ever read.

Here’s why…

If you’re like me, the ability to protect yourself and your loved ones is a top priority.

Personally, I believe the best ways to do this are with a knife or gun… But it’s not always possible – or legal – to carry them on you.

But what if there was a personal protection tool you could legally carry anywhere and everywhere you go?

One you could carry on an airplane… A college campus… Or any number of highly secure buildings.

What if it was so simple to master that anyone from a 13-year-old child to a 90-year-old grandmother could use it to defend themselves?

Well… there is such a tool, and I personally carry it on me every single day… as do my family members… closest friends… and training students…

In short, I’m talking about a tactical pen.

If you don’t know what a tactical pen is, it’s a specially engineered pen, made of solid metal that makes a remarkable self-defense tool.

Also, the one I use writes like a standard ink pen and has a refillable cartridge so you can use the pen for life, without having to get a new one. (It simply takes a Fisher pen refill, which you can buy at Office Depot or any office supply store.)

My name, by the way, is Jason R. Hanson.

I’m a former CIA Officer and author of The Covert Guide to Concealed Carry: Confessions of a Former CIA Officer.

I’m also a contributing writer to Concealed Carry Magazine, Personal and Home Defense Magazine, and Combat Handguns Magazine, to name a few.

In fact, not too long ago, I was asked to write an article for Combat Handguns magazine where I wrote about my tactical pen.

Article by: Jason Hanson
    Virginia Concealed Carry Permit | Concealed Carry Academy

Quote Originally Posted by mmckee1952 View Post
    But what if there was a personal protection tool you could legally carry anywhere and everywhere you go?

One you could carry on an airplane… A college campus… Or any number of highly secure buildings.
    I've heard of the odd instance where people are not allowed them on-board air-planes.

Also I found that Amazon placed a restriction on sending them to me in New Zealand when I tried to order one in the past.

Have you heard of any times that they've been confiscated from passengers?

Have you found a tactical pen that you consider to be better than others?

Cheers
    Gregg

DRNurse1 is offline DRNurse1

OP is correct as far as he goes. The awareness of the potential need to defend oneself and one's family as well as the ability to recognize the defensive use of the things around you, IMHO, will supersede any single tool one has at one's disposal. But it is useful to have a consistent and dependable tool with you at all times and the tactical pen is such a tool.
    ________

DRNurse1

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Does a "tactical" pen look that much different that you can tell what it is?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Greggatshack View Post
    I've heard of the odd instance where people are not allowed them on-board air-planes.

Also I found that Amazon placed a restriction on sending them to me in New Zealand when I tried to order one in the past.

Have you heard of any times that they've been confiscated from passengers?

Have you found a tactical pen that you consider to be better than others?

Cheers
    Gregg
    A little harder to conceal but allowed inside court, aircraft and almost everywhere, is a stockmans [wooden] cane. Might not match wingtip shoes however. I suppose that is one reason 'gentlemen' used to carry a walking cane.
    U. S. Navy [Aviation], Retired

If a tac pen is too much you can always get a solid metal pen from walmart. Or do what I do and carry a cold steel sharkie.
    -Austin

dcselby1 is offline Denny

Quote Originally Posted by mmckee1952 View Post
    If you don’t carry a gun or don’t carry one often, this could be the most important message you’ve ever read.

Here’s why…

If you’re like me, the ability to protect yourself and your loved ones is a top priority.

Personally, I believe the best ways to do this are with a knife or gun… But it’s not always possible – or legal – to carry them on you.

What if it was so simple to master that anyone from a 13-year-old child to a 90-year-old grandmother could use it to defend themselves?

Well… there is such a tool, and I personally carry it on me every single day… as do my family members… closest friends… and training students…

In short, I’m talking about a tactical pen.

If you don’t know what a tactical pen is, it’s a specially engineered pen, made of solid metal that makes a remarkable self-defense tool.

Also, the one I use writes like a standard ink pen and has a refillable cartridge so you can use the pen for life, without having to get a new one. (It simply takes a Fisher pen refill, which you can buy at Office Depot or any office supply store.)

My name, by the way, is Jason R. Hanson.

I’m a former CIA Officer and author of The Covert Guide to Concealed Carry: Confessions of a Former CIA Officer.

I’m also a contributing writer to Concealed Carry Magazine, Personal and Home Defense Magazine, and Combat Handguns Magazine, to name a few.

In fact, not too long ago, I was asked to write an article for Combat Handguns magazine where I wrote about my tactical pen.
    Well, you can carry them on an aircraft for the length of time it takes someone from TSA to read this article. lol.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    LOL, sometimes they have "UZI" or "Smith & Wesson" written on them instead of "Parker" and "BIC" - that tends to be a dead giveaway...

Pretty soon someone from the TSA will discover that humans can just use their own bodies for lethal force and they are going to have to ban people from boarding aircraft altogether...

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Some do, some don't, they usually look like a small baton with angled tip to a point at the end. They are most definitely a last ditch, up close and personal, defensive tool.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast