Aquila Shotshells in Rem. 870?

Aquila Shotshells in Rem. 870?

This is a discussion on Aquila Shotshells in Rem. 870? within the Long Gun Ammunition and Reloading forums, part of the Long Guns category; does anyone have any experience using, or trying, the short 1.5 in. Aguila shotshells in a Rem 870 shotgun? Seems ...

kahrmonger10 is offline Kahrmonger10

Default Aquila Shotshells in Rem. 870?

does anyone have any experience using, or trying, the short 1.5 in. Aguila shotshells in a Rem 870 shotgun? Seems as tho I heard there was some sort of timing issue in regards to the shell latch, or carrier, needing some tinkering. I have set up an 870 for HD, and obviously like the idea of LOTS more rounds in the gun, if they'll work. Thanks in advance, for your help. Kahrmonger10

If I remember correctly my 870 didn't like them but my Mossberg 500 loved them. If I get a chance this morning I'll try them in my 870 and see how they do.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

My 870 eats them with no problems. Have only tried the slugs though.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

kahrmonger10 is offline Kahrmonger10

Default aquila in 870s

thanx for the info, both of you. red hat, please let me know how ir works for you. I'll be pickin some up to try also. kahrmonger

G50AE is offline Banned

Let us know how the rounds pattern/group as well. Thanks.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to check my 870 until now. Mine won't cycle the 1 1/2 Aguila rounds it's the 2" 1250fps Centurion rounds that it likes. The Aguila rounds are not really 1 1/2" long they are just over 1.300 long and will flip straight up when cycled.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

G50AE is offline Banned

I'd be curious as to how these will cycle in a Benelli.