I have a question about loading blanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

I have a question about loading blanks

This is a discussion on I have a question about loading blanks within the Long Gun Ammunition and Reloading forums, part of the Long Guns category; I know it sounds weird but 30-06 blanks are very hard to come by and since I am a VFW ...

Default I have a question about loading blanks

I know it sounds weird but 30-06 blanks are very hard to come by and since I am a VFW member, we need blanks for funeral services. I have plenty of brass, powder and primers but don't know anything about blanks. Do any of you have any experience in this department? If so, please talk to me. We need blanks soon and I really don't want to let a family down if we have another funeral come up before we can find some.

thanks in advance

or see about ordering snap caps??
    best wishes

i noticed this reply in the youtube page

''This is a good idea for anyone who uses their gun for home defense, load one of these into your gun when you hear an intruder, then a real shell. Fire the blank as a warning shot then if he wants to stay, use the real shell.''
    i don't think that's legal in florida to do as the law says firing a warning is illegal but what if it was just a blank to scare them out of your house but if that didn't work the next one would hurt.......
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post

''This is a good idea for anyone who uses their gun for home defense, load one of these into your gun when you hear an intruder, then a real shell. Fire the blank as a warning shot then if he wants to stay, use the real shell.''
    i don't think that's legal in florida to do as the law says firing a warning is illegal but what if it was just a blank to scare them out of your house but if that didn't work the next one would hurt.......
    And I wonder if the person who posted that reply realizes that a blank will not cycle a semi-automatic firearm without a blank adapter sealing off the end of the barrel because there is not enough pressure built up in the barrel because there is no bullet to block it. Absolutely almost the worst advice I have ever seen.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

This place has the blanks for sale for $1 per round:

New Page 1
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Firefighterchen is online now OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:313618
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post

And I wonder if the person who posted that reply realizes that a blank will not cycle a semi-automatic firearm without a blank adapter sealing off the end of the barrel because there is not enough pressure built up in the barrel because there is no bullet to block it. Absolutely almost the worst advice I have ever seen.
    Let alone completely off base from the op who needs it for funeral services...not home defense.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

This actually comes up a lot, a google search for "30.06 blank ammo loading" will give you tons of results to poor through but this is one with good info:
    Blank 30-06 Load Data [Archive] - CMP Forums

I have also read in many places that the VA or ARMY directly will supply free blanks for Veteran funeral services.
    "One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."
    Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
    Suggestions by Domineaux | Texas Gun Forum

true that firefighten..''Let alone completely off base from the op who needs it for funeral services...not home defense.'' but sometimes conversations and finding answers does lead to other questions off original topic
    it's all good and makes learning fun too

thanks for the info everyone. We do need blanks that will cycle a semi-auto rifle so those home made ones will not work. We will continue to try to find some locally but if we can't find any, I will figure out how to load them

that's the wonderful thing about the www. one can learn how to make just about anything
    best wishes

Firefighterchen is online now OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes:313687
    true that firefighten..''Let alone completely off base from the op who needs it for funeral services...not home defense.'' but sometimes conversations and finding answers does lead to other questions off original topic
    it's all good and makes learning fun too
    This is true, and yes its a good thing, but let's try not to hijack a thread on the first reply.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast