Stiff Action on Shotgun

Stiff Action on Shotgun

This is a discussion on Stiff Action on Shotgun within the Long Gun Maintenance, Cleaning and Gunsmithing forums, part of the Long Guns category; Hello, I just put a new barrel, forend and stock on my Remington 870 to make it a self- defense ...

Default Stiff Action on Shotgun

Hello, I just put a new barrel, forend and stock on my Remington 870 to make it a self- defense weapon that can easily by switched-back to a hunting welling. My question is, when I put the new forend on, my action is stiff when I rack the weapon compared to the original action with the hunting set-up. Do you think it will loosen-up after some use? Do you have any tips or comments? Thanks in advance.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government" - Thomas Jefferson

It should loosen up after use. Which fore grip did you get?
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by Purple:303372
    It should loosen up after use. Which fore grip did you get?
    You had to ask, lol. I don't remember at the moment because I looked at so many, but I will find out for you when I have more time. I agree with you that it will loosen up with some use; it hasn't even been fired yet. The fore grip is awesome looking the a couple of piccatinni rails for attachments. My next project is to put extended shell tube or whatever its called so it can hold more shells.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government" - Thomas Jefferson

Check th clearance between the barrel and mag. tube
    Endeavor to Persevere, Freedom is not Free

tricolordad is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Id say.........cycle some 00 magnum through it already!