pistol caliber carbine - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

pistol caliber carbine

This is a discussion on pistol caliber carbine within the Long Gun Tactics, Training, and Practice forums, part of the Long Guns category; I was wondering if anyone could give a first time gun owner some advice. My wife and I were planning ...

Fog

I was wondering if anyone could give a first time gun owner some advice. My wife and I were planning on getting a Glock 19 or 17 for home defense. We decided on one of these because they are reliable and my wife likes to shoot them (low recoil, light trigger pull). We are both new to guns. I plan on practicing a lot but I'm not sure how much I can get my wife to go to the range. Lately I've been wondering if we would be more accurate in a stressful situation with a pcc, and with reduced recoil we might be able to go up to .40 S&W and still have it be comfortable for her. She is worried about reduced maneuverability with a pcc.

I've been looking into Kel-Tec Sub-2000 and Hi-Point. I don't think we can afford a Storm and still get a pistol for concealed carry (I'm thinking a G23 or G27 in this scenario). Could I trust our lives to a pcc or should I just stick to the Glock? Thanks.

Default Cx4

I have the CX4 Storm and Cougar in .45ACP. Awesome combo and scary accurate. Did not think the carbine would have as much recoil though. A few magazines through it will leave a pretty attractive bruise. Bought both as a package. As each came with 2 mags that gives me a total of 4 mags for either weapon. May invest in the 9mm version and get a px4 to go with it.

NY unfortunately. To be remedied when I retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Fog View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could give a first time gun owner some advice. My wife and I were planning on getting a Glock 19 or 17 for home defense. We decided on one of these because they are reliable and my wife likes to shoot them (low recoil, light trigger pull). We are both new to guns. I plan on practicing a lot but I'm not sure how much I can get my wife to go to the range. Lately I've been wondering if we would be more accurate in a stressful situation with a pcc, and with reduced recoil we might be able to go up to .40 S&W and still have it be comfortable for her. She is worried about reduced maneuverability with a pcc.

I've been looking into Kel-Tec Sub-2000 and Hi-Point. I don't think we can afford a Storm and still get a pistol for concealed carry (I'm thinking a G23 or G27 in this scenario). Could I trust our lives to a pcc or should I just stick to the Glock? Thanks.
    I would not hesitate at all relying on my Hi-Point for self defense. With a same caliber Glock, it would be an awesome combo IMHO. The High-Point recoils very lightly and is very controllable.

wolfhunter Guest

+1 for a Hi-Point home defense carbine.

I love my camp 9. It's my second 1 after the first found a new home. They are out of production, but they are a great little rifle.

good luck.

dont have a fancy new carbine but i do have a ugly heavy medal model A uzi put away,with open sights i can fill a 9 inch pie plate full of holes at 100 yds as fast as i can shoot it.think i would like the wood stock better then the folding one its not very comfortable .

whiskey is offline (echo_5)

An Uzi in New York?! Hide your dog.

j/k
    Legalize Freedom!

building an AR on my blog

i got the uzi when they first came out around 30 yrs or so ago and theres no paper on it along with most of my stuff,

Ringo is offline Politically Incorrect

I've been told that when shooting a .38 spl. from a carbine (.357/ .38 spl. lever rifle) that the .38 would actually lose velocity due to the (20 in.) long barrel. Can anyone confirm this? If true wouldn't that make that make the .38 spl. worthless for defense purposes fired from the rife?
    Prophecy Is Nothing More Than Watching God Keep His Promises

handgonnetoter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fog View Post

I know the thread is about carbines, but you and your wife might want to consider a pump action or semi-auto 20 ga. shotgun.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast