Polymer Composite Lower Receiver
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Polymer Composite Lower Receiver

This is a discussion on Polymer Composite Lower Receiver within the Long Guns Discussion forums, part of the Long Guns category; I ran across this the other day. I've seen composite lowers before but not at this price. $99.99, for a ...

Default Polymer Composite Lower Receiver

I ran across this the other day. I've seen composite lowers before but not at this price. $99.99, for a complete Lower Receiver with free shipping. I have two on order and will let you know how they perform. The trigger group is polymer but they claim they hold up great. They guarantee satisfaction or your money back so it looks like you can't lose on this deal. I also found out that they will take any AR part and you could change anything you want.

Complete Lower Receiver AR15 223/5.56 PlumCrazy Firearms - phoenix sports equipment for sale - backpage.com
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Please let us know how they perform. This may make a great lower for my lightweight build and shave off another pound or so.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Yes please do
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

These were advertised as 'in stock' a few weeks ago and I called. I was told they did not ship as promised and there was no ETA. If they've arrived, I'll try to pick one up when I get down that way next and give it a try.

(Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind, Keep an open mind)
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    These were advertised as 'in stock' a few weeks ago and I called. I was told they did not ship as promised and there was no ETA. If they've arrived, I'll try to pick one up when I get down that way next and give it a try.
    According to the ad they are shipping in mid Feb. The indications my dealer got was they are shipping him 10 and should be in next week. Time will tell! BTW, the price break on 10 is $89.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    According to the ad they are shipping in mid Feb. The indications my dealer got was they are shipping him 10 and should be in next week. Time will tell! BTW, the price break on 10 is $89.
    I saw the add above and the expected date there -- I was referring to an ad listing them as avaliable in Kingman, Parker and Bullhead City (Havasu White Sheet, December 22).

If you see one and buy it please post pictures and let us know how it fits your uppers and magazines. The ad a few weeks ago stated that all the internals were polymer as well. That lead me to believe the only metal in this may be the springs. I'm very curious to actually see one.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Here the current status of the receivers. He said he didn't have enough parts to fill the order but he had them coming in. He's going to ship what he has complete and they should be in next week. The free shipping in the ad is not correct and he said he didn't know how that got in there. As soon as I get them I'll post some pics and give my first impression. I did find out that they had three different triggers for the receivers. They come with Tactical triggers installed. The standard and target triggers are optional and cost $35 extra. I think that's only for the Target trigger.

I received two receivers the first of the week. So far I'm impressed with the quality. Just looking at it you can't tell that it's a polymer receiver. They sent the receivers with the trigger group and we're waiting on the rest of the parts from them. I built one with parts I have on hand making it an AR pistol. Right now I'm using the pistol upper and barrel I made a while back. I'll probably cut off another barrel, turn it down and keep it as a pistol. I'll get some pictures up in a day or two. The polymer trigger group surprised me with the clean crisp trigger. The only thing I don't like is the selector lever. It's real spongy and feels like it could break off easily. I'll probably change it out later. The extreme light weight of the lower make it even more fun to carry around and shoot.

I know this sounds like a dumb question but whats the difference between a tactical and standard trigger?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    ...Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your sins; the other for your freedom.

Tactical trigger groups are a more precision higher tolerance group. They are usually around 3.5 to 4 lbs trigger pull with a clean smooth crisp release. The standard are just production runs. They will have lesser tolerances most with noticeable trigger creep. They usually have around 5 lbs + trigger pull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast