How a Garand Operates - Video - Enhanced Army Training Film

How a Garand Operates - Video - Enhanced Army Training Film

This is a discussion on How a Garand Operates - Video - Enhanced Army Training Film within the Long Guns Discussion forums, part of the Long Guns category; I spent a good deal of time on Sunday downloading and working on improving/enhancing the audio, video and transitions in ...

Amsdorf is offline VDMA VIDEOS

Default How a Garand Operates - Video - Enhanced Army Training Film

I spent a good deal of time on Sunday downloading and working on improving/enhancing the audio, video and transitions in this old Army training film which, in my opinion, is still one of the very finest detailed explanations of how the Garand operates. I tweaked the audio to bring the volume and tone up and the video to make the contrast a bit better. Unfortunately, I know of no way to remaster the video to get an HD version of it. I also wanted to swap the cheesy music with something a bit more current and a strike a sort of "memorial tone" with it, in honor of the men who defended our nation with this marvelous rifle.

The more I watch this, the more amazed I am by John Garand's engineering genius and both the complexity of the Garand itself and the testament to America's industrial skill and might that something this complex was able to be mass produced to efficiently and effectively.

I hope you enjoy it and I welcome, as usual, any/all constructive criticism.

Here's the video:

How the M1 Garand Rifle Works

Wow, you're right; that really shows the pure genius of John Garand.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for watching, glad you liked it.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Always interesting watching the old Army training films. I have a copy of one done on the WHCA which even the people in the film had not been shown until I showed it at a meeting in the 90s. The video was from the 50s.

Thanks for posting the link.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Cool film. Definitely more detail than the average Joe needed.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Perhaps, but...sure couldn't hurt to be as knowledgeable as possible.