How do you store your home defense shotgun?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do you store your home defense shotgun?

This is a discussion on How do you store your home defense shotgun? within the Long Guns Discussion forums, part of the Long Guns category; Just wondering for those of you who keep a shotgun for home defense, how do you store it? I keep ...

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

Default How do you store your home defense shotgun?

Just wondering for those of you who keep a shotgun for home defense, how do you store it? I keep mine underneath the bed, but I'm worried about dust accumulating in the barrel and ejection port and causing a malfunction in the event I need to use it. What about all of you? Will storing it this way do any harm or am I just being paranoid? If it is not good, how should I store it?

By the way, I do not keep a round chambered; I feel that in the event of a home invasion, the sound of a round being chambered should be enough to stop a would be burglar in his tracks.

In the corner next to my bed, with a round chambered. Flashlight, handgun and spare mags on the nightstand. Electronic earphones on the dresser next to it. Just me and the wife. No kids to worry about.

I keep the Ithaca 20ga. M37 under the bed.....its old and don't care if it gets a little dusty, and the 24 inch barrel Benelli M2 turkey gun, in the closet. Glocks, Rugers and Taurus snubbies are all within arms reach in the nightstand.
    "Never advance cheerfully on your late opponent without reloading. You may have used your last round, and he may not be properly dead and still spiteful." Major Hugh Pollard

Although I have a couple of handguns on the night stands my shot gun is in my gun safe. I am thinking of getting the device that we talked about on another forum to hang it on the side of the bed.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Exclamation U. D. B.

Under Da Bed!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

toreskha is offline Titles are un-American.

On a shelf, because there's nothing any lower if you're already on the floor. It's better for your back. I'm thinking about bypassing the shelf and just getting microfiber to put it on so it won't get dust or lint in it.

In safe with door ajar ready to go.

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    On a shelf, because there's nothing any lower if you're already on the floor. It's better for your back. I'm thinking about bypassing the shelf and just getting microfiber to put it on so it won't get dust or lint in it.

Could that be because you're way older than me:)

Seriously, though, that's not something I have to worry about, seeing as how I'm in my 20s.:)

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Although I have a couple of handguns on the night stands my shot gun is in my gun safe. I am thinking of getting the device that we talked about on another forum to hang it on the side of the bed.
    Do you have a link?
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

No special drill since there are no kids in the house 'cept my dogs and they know the gun rules. One is in the corner of the bedroom by the bed, the other behind the door in the office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast