Stress builds between Cape Elizabeth gun club and neighbors
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By jameshd

Stress builds between Cape Elizabeth gun club and neighbors

This is a discussion on Stress builds between Cape Elizabeth gun club and neighbors within the Maine Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Stress builds between Cape Elizabeth gun club and neighbors | The Forecaster...

Default Stress builds between Cape Elizabeth gun club and neighbors

Last edited by lukem; 04-13-2012 at 10:12 AM.

jameshd is offline CMFWIC

Unless they lived there before the range was established, they have no right to complain. If they didn't want to live near a firing range, they could have built somewhere else. That's like someone who moves in under an airport flight path, and gripes about the noise the airplanes make taking off or landing. If they don't like the noise, they could have moved somewhere else.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by jameshd View Post
    Unless they lived there before the range was established, they have no right to complain. If they didn't want to live near a firing range, they could have built somewhere else. That's like someone who moves in under an airport flight path, and gripes about the noise the airplanes make taking off or landing. If they don't like the noise, they could have moved somewhere else.
    I live in Arizona in the Phoenix area and people are doing that constantly here, complaining about airplanes flying over their house. It is unbelievable.

I guess that the first question that I woud ask would be. Did the real estate developers and people that had homes built in the area knowingly know that there was a gun club in the area? If the answer is yes, then live with your decision. I don't understand city people that move to the "country" and do not understand what that means. Moving to the country just might mean hering gun shots, dust form gravel/dirty roads, mud, the smells form horses, cows, goats and chickens. Deal with it or go back to the city. We have three farms in the family and the first thing that I pack when I head south to the farms is my rubber boots. Cow chips you know.

golocx4 is offline Got Beretta's?

Yup! Farmers are selling off property to "city slickers" who build their McMansion. Then on the first night as they are enjoying their martini's on the deck.
    BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! and they dive for cover soiling themselves. Next call to the firm.

My gun and rod club has that problem developing. All around us there are housing developments that used to be farms. At one of the meetings one of the longtime members said we had some kind of "grandfather" clause granted by a governor about 20 years ago, but I've never been able to find anything more specific on that.

Posted above nogods Title 30-A, 3011: Regulation of sport shooting ranges

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Quote Originally Posted by jameshd View Post
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. This same strategy is what has and still is killing local auto racing facilities. People move next to race tracks. Next thing you know, they are shut down because of noise. Just another perfect example of people silently standing by as their rights are infringed and systematically taken away.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

If you own your own land then you can shoot when you want.