Maryland Concealed Carry Permit - Page 8
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 189
Like Tree26Likes

Maryland Concealed Carry Permit

This is a discussion on Maryland Concealed Carry Permit within the Maryland Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Originally Posted by Ricochet I have actually used my firearm to defend my family when my home was broken into ...

  1. #71
    JOgershok is offline JOgershok
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I have actually used my firearm to defend my family when my home was broken into at 3am in Baltimore city.
    And guess what, it took the eastern district almost four minutes to respond.
    If I wasnt armed that night, I may be dead from that intruder.
    When the police arrested the man, it turned out they were looking for the individual wanted in numerous home invasions and peeping-tom cases.


    In your world, you would have rather me be unarmed.
    Get a clue.
    Reality is an awesome argument.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    AA Co., Maryland
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I have actually used my firearm to defend my family when my home was broken into at 3am in Baltimore city.
    And guess what, it took the eastern district almost four minutes to respond.
    If I wasnt armed that night, I may be dead from that intruder.
    When the police arrested the man, it turned out they were looking for the individual wanted in numerous home invasions and peeping-tom cases.


    In your world, you would have rather me be unarmed.
    Get a clue.
    I completely agree with your situation... and I'm glad it turned out well for you.

    Chuckia did have one thing worth considering in the last comment...

    But the serious issue is that we can regard people carrying concealed weapons as criminals, except in special cases.
    In Maryland, that is de facto most likely the case!! The state's keepers don't permit the deniz... I mean CITIZENS... a reasonable opportunity to their 2A rights, so the math leans that way heavily.

  3. #73
    JOgershok is offline JOgershok
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troop2trooper View Post
    Every person has the unaliable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I have read the Constitution several times (I defend it after all), and I have not once seen anywhere in there that is says that every person has the RIGHT to CARRY their weapon with them in town concealed so no one can see it. Have you? If you have, please tell me which line the in the admendment that it's located. It says that every person has the right to bear arms, and to protect their lives and property. So by that statement I say to you, purchase a firearm, ammunition, and a SAFE and keep the first two in the last so that it is ready for use when the need arises. Aside from Military personnel in a combat zone and Law Enforcement Officers on duty, I have never once met a single person that REQUIRED a gun to be with them at all times.
    It does not specify open or concealed carry to protect my life. I think the cool-aid is getting to you. Your interpretation is NOT what the "Supremes" recently sang either.

    A chaplain in a combat zone is not required to carry a weapon - your argument fails to begin with a truthful premise.

    A police officer is required to carry because that is the policy of the department that employes them.
    Last edited by JOgershok; 02-11-2012 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Remove SPAM link - I did not post.

  4. #74
    JOgershok is offline JOgershok
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxkicker View Post
    i hope you'r not protecting them from a criminal with a gun because
    Obviously you would be off duty and not at YOUR home therefore no gun for you my friend. right?
    MD protected their LEO's by making it policy that they were required to carry at all times and when they retired, from additional scrutiny in their applications:

    ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED PER HANDGUN PERMIT CATEGORY:
    a) Owner or Employee of a Business: Submit photocopies of the Traders License or Business License, and if the purpose of the permit is for:
    (i) Making deposits: Photocopies of six (6) random deposit slips for the business showing the deposits within a year of the application submission date or a letter from the bank attesting that your business has a monetary
    flow.
    (ii) Cash Flow: Photocopies of Ten (10) receipts showing purchases for supplies and/or payments received for services.
    (iii) Requesting a permit for one of your employees, or if you are an employee and you have permission from your employer to obtain a permit: A letter from your employer on the business stationery, explaining in detail why you need to carry a gun as part of your duties.
    b) Professional Activities: Doctors, Pharmacies, etc., Must show evidence of legitimacy of business activity and valid certification or license.
    c) Correctional Officers: Must submit verification of employment and documentation of threats and assaults. [ADDED: Notice they are required to prove they need to carry - I was threatened many times when I worked in a prison but no longer have access to the misconduct reports I wrote.. Good luck.]
    d) Former Police Officer: If you have resigned or retired, you must show evidence of your tenure in law enforcement, such as a letter from your Agency.

    http.md.sp.org (Licensing Division Application for Licenses, Commissions and Permits 03.11-1.pdf)

  5. #75
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default 2nd amendment righys

    troop2trooper : you answered your own question by stating that the 2A says a persun has the right to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS AND THAT RIGHT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED .

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    206

    Default

    bear means bear. no conditions attached

  7. #77
    JOgershok is offline JOgershok
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brian b View Post
    troop2trooper : you answered your own question by stating that the 2A says a person has the right to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS AND THAT RIGHT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED .
    He is lost in his own argument. As a matter of law, if the statute is silent - it was never intended. The bear means carry but not how to carry. If I want to carry it around my neck or in a satchel neither IS prohibited.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    206

    Default

    MD does not recognize any other state's permit

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troop2trooper View Post
    Just like driving, carrying a firearm is a privilege, not a right. I understand what the Constitution says but could you imagine if every idiot out there could legally carry a gun everywhere they wanted to? It would be like Iraq in no time! Obtaining a license to carry is something everyone should try to do and if you don't get one, then leave the gun at home! And if you truly need to carry a gun where you're going then you may not want to go there. Telling the government that you should be able to carry is like telling them that you don't trust the men and women in uniform who are there to protect you, and I trust them with my life. Just like anything else you don't like about the policies put in place, "Love it or leave it". I love Maryland, and I will continue to obey the laws and not complain about them. They're there for our protection.


    The response time for protection is 10 minutes can one afford to WAIT for protection?

    The state of Vermont where "every idiot can legally carry a gun everywhere" hardly bears resemblance to the country of Iraq!

    So Troop where are you getting your facts from and maybe you can tell us when was the last time one of the local Md thugs registered a handgun?

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    126

    Default

    I can't say I would be terribly surprised if troop was MSP. They think they're above the law. We all know how good the police are when it comes to carrying. They only shoot their own in Baltimore.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •