From a VA resident: Why live in MD?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

From a VA resident: Why live in MD?

This is a discussion on From a VA resident: Why live in MD? within the Maryland Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; I'm just curious as to why anyone would want to live in Maryland. I live in Virginia and work throughout ...

Pele is offline VA State CCW Holder!

Default From a VA resident: Why live in MD?

I'm just curious as to why anyone would want to live in Maryland.

I live in Virginia and work throughout the Washington D.C. metro area including Montgomery and PG counties, the District itself, and Fairfax County, Virginia...

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to live in such a gun unfriendly place with higher crime and higher taxes.

t11spanner is offline Dispatcher Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Pele View Post
    I'm just curious as to why anyone would want to live in Maryland.

I live in Virginia and work throughout the Washington D.C. metro area including Montgomery and PG counties, the District itself, and Fairfax County, Virginia...

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to live in such a gun unfriendly place with higher crime and higher taxes.
    When I moved to Nevada from Maryland, I re-discovered my rights for arms. and how bad MD was.

I fear that something is going to happen like Mumbai real soon in Baltimore or DC. Why? Because law abiding citizens are not allowed to open carry, or CCW (unless you know someone or have been threatened with violence). Maryland and DC are "Free Killing Zones"!

Anyway, I just moved back to take a new position in Virginia, and Virginia it is for me! Open carry, CCW, and with the CCW, no wait for purchases. Not quite as good as Nevada, but close!

So, I too do not know how law abiding gun owners could live in Maryland.
    Pack your bags, were going on a guilt trip!

Bump.

Waiting for a couple masochists to gimmie some examples of why MD is such a great place.
    I personally hate the place.

I live in Maryland and I gotta agree with you.

Probably the only reason I put up with this state is because I do have a permit.

Sad thing is the permit is issued by the Maryland State Police who are of the opinion that no one deserves a permit for any reason. Plus the same guys who do the background investigation on you, issue the permit and make the rules are afraid to let you carry a concealed weapon into any State Police Baracks or office even after they have determined you are sane enough to carry concealed and are no threat to the the public. Evidently they consider you a threat to them.

Pretty sad. Then again it is a Democratic State.

But what makes it actually a GOOD IDEA to live there?
    What are the pros of living in Maryland?

So there are no good reasons to live there...

I figured as much. But it's funny, I have friends that live there that are pro gun and are pretty well conservative.
    They live there and they can't give me any good reasons to live there either.

Sorry about being a little late in answering your question, but there might just be one good reason for living in Maryland - it is a class 3 legal state. However, there are quite a few other class 3 states in the US. But, I suppose in the case of living in one of the states that isn't class 3, Maryland might be a half-decent place to live IF you want a machine gun. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pele View Post
    So there are no good reasons to live there...

I figured as much. But it's funny, I have friends that live there that are pro gun and are pretty well conservative.
    They live there and they can't give me any good reasons to live there either.
    Thats funny because, I feel the same way about living in VA. I've lived in Maryland for 30yrs and I love it here. We both could go all day about which is better and at the end of the day it's all opinions. VA has better gun laws??? Sure they do , but I wouldn't want to live there. Just my 2 cents.

Grew up in Silver Spring -- 30 years ago. Why live in Md? Used to be for the crabs, but can get em fresh anywhere now. Maybe you should live there if you're a masochist?

I saw a sign in a Five Guys in Baltimore that I thought I would share.
    One customer wrote
    "Id Kill for a Five Guys Burger"
    Another one wrote beneath it
    "I did! Welcome to maryland"

Just kinda funny. Grew up in Centreville/Clifton/Springfield Va, and am now a CRJS Student at ODU in Norfolk VA. Carry every day, except to class bc ODU doesnt allow it.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to Justice everywhere".
    -MLK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast