90 day grace period - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

90 day grace period

This is a discussion on 90 day grace period within the Massachusetts Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; True dat brotha. It's too bad that all of the really great things we do have here become moot when ...

True dat brotha. It's too bad that all of the really great things we do have here become moot when offset by the liberal agenda. This was a great place to grow up. I got my first boat when I was ten, and Boston Harbor islands and Quincy Bay were my playground. We have so much history and culture. Almost every one of my friends who are still alive have moved away, and they all say they'd never move back here. I keep chipping away at my property in Maine. The road is in, and the foundation started, and I hope to have a small place finished there by the time my wife retires. She's ten years younger than I. Then we can sell this place for about 500K and buy a smaller house somewhere warm and live there in the winter and Maine in the summer. I won't miss it here either I suspect.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    True dat brotha. It's too bad that all of the really great things we do have here become moot when offset by the liberal agenda. This was a great place to grow up. I got my first boat when I was ten, and Boston Harbor islands and Quincy Bay were my playground. We have so much history and culture. Almost every one of my friends who are still alive have moved away, and they all say they'd never move back here. I keep chipping away at my property in Maine. The road is in, and the foundation started, and I hope to have a small place finished there by the time my wife retires. She's ten years younger than I. Then we can sell this place for about 500K and buy a smaller house somewhere warm and live there in the winter and Maine in the summer. I won't miss it here either I suspect.
    I wish you and your wife the best with achieving your goal/dream. I am 24 and was recently married. My wife wants to stay here, I am pushing for NH, don't think I will win this argument however.

-Capo-
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Thank you. I have a ways to go to retirement age too. At the time, my wife has no interest in Maine. I saw the 45 acres five years ago, and I stood on the river front, and imagined it had looked that way since the dawn of time. I have 730 feet of salt water river front where schooners used to go by. Nobody can build within 150 feet of the shore. I knew at first sight I had to own it. I paid it off in four years, and my wife still hasn't been there to see it. Her idea of camping is the Holiday Inn. But every year I see her values and ideas change, and I know some day she will be glad we have all that space to chill out in.

Congrats on your new marriage. My philosophy is, treat her like she's your best friend, and she always will be. Dec. will be 20 years for us, and we're picking a Caribbean Island we haven't seen yet to celebrate for a week.

PS. Went to our monthly gun club meeting tonight and the topic came around. It was pretty much agreed to that the cop in charge of licenses for the town is just a d__khead. He gets the info back from the state and lets the permits just sit in his drawer til he feels like giving them out, and of you go in and bother him, he will just make you wait longer. Seems like general knowledge in the town.

Thank you. I have a ways to go to retirement age too. At the time, my wife has no interest in Maine. I saw the 45 acres five years ago, and I stood on the river front, and imagined it had looked that way since the dawn of time. I have 730 feet of salt water river front where schooners used to go by. Nobody can build within 150 feet of the shore. I knew at first sight I had to own it. I paid it off in four years, and my wife still hasn't been there to see it. Her idea of camping is the Holiday Inn. But every year I see her values and ideas change, and I know some day she will be glad we have all that space to chill out in.

Congrats on your new marriage. My philosophy is, treat her like she's your best friend, and she always will be. Dec. will be 20 years for us, and we're picking a Caribbean Island we haven't seen yet to celebrate for a week.

PS. Went to our monthly gun club meeting tonight and the topic came around. It was pretty much agreed to that the cop in charge of licenses for the town is just a d__khead. He gets the info back from the state and lets the permits just sit in his drawer til he feels like giving them out, and of you go in and bother him, he will just make you wait longer. Seems like general knowledge in the town.
    Congrats on 20 years!! I will keep that advice!

Which town is this if you don't mind me asking? You can PM me if you don't want to post it

-Capo-

On Sept 14th get out and vote. request a republican ballot and write in James McKenna for AG. Get that dip-sh!t, rights trampling moron Croakley out of that office. Perhaps with the right politicians in place we can undo some of the confusion and have laws that make sense.

Jim McKenna Attorney General candidate opposing Martha Coakley
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Hopefully GOAL and more can get the turn around time fixed or have better options if it drags out.

With NH being swamped for permits out of state, including me, they charged extra for quicker service recently. Nobody sitting on a renewal or new request.

Good luck. I moved by choice, had to find a job and was not stirring up much in MA. Moved mid-July to WI. Good and bad everywhere except for a few states.

Good in WI, no permit for any purchases. No concealed carry though. and questionalble open carry. No restrictioins on what you can buy. Many interested in guns, hunting, fishing, etc. But not finished here, they need to get some legal carry going.

As mentioned, my renewal went like clockwork this past June in MA.

I certified a guy who lives in NH, and just did his one year renewal here in assachusetts. He just informed me it took FOUR months. He said he's going out to buy a new gun to celebrate, but he's buying it where he lives in NH. Which is where I'll be buying mine from now on as well.

I envy you. Family dictates I won't be moving for a while. Unless I decide suddenly to become totally irresponsible, which is unlikely.

Hope you enjoy your new home.

PS I'm spreading the word. http://jimforag.com/

I certified a guy who lives in NH, and just did his one year renewal here in assachusetts. He just informed me it took FOUR months. He said he's going out to buy a new gun to celebrate, but he's buying it where he lives in NH. Which is where I'll be buying mine from now on as well.

I envy you. Family dictates I won't be moving for a while. Unless I decide suddenly to become totally irresponsible, which is unlikely.

Hope you enjoy your new home.

PS I'm spreading the word. Jim McKenna Attorney General candidate opposing Martha Coakley
    Oh YEAH! I went to vote for him the other night, was awesome! I am glad he is on the ballot for November. Hopefully we can kick croakley out...

We spanked her last time. We can do it again! Her and Pelosi and Rosey O should get their own TV show. "Dancing in the Stars" in search of reality show.

Get out there with the lawn signs, talk to people, send emails, I'm on it.

Good luck guys. I did an absentee ballot for the primary.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast