Pistol transfer help!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Pistol transfer help!

This is a discussion on Pistol transfer help! within the Michigan Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Hello all, been a while since I posted. I purchased a pistol with my CPL that I am holding for ...

Default Pistol transfer help!

Hello all, been a while since I posted. I purchased a pistol with my CPL that I am holding for my buddy. He doens't have his CPL so we just want to transfer it to him when he gets his purchase permit.

My question is, do I also need to fill out the RI-60 (I beleive its called) along with obtaining the purchase permit he gets? Or is there anything else that I need? Any help is much appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by advw View Post
    Hello all, been a while since I posted. I purchased a pistol with my CPL that I am holding for my buddy.
    Are you going to give it to him as a gift with no compensation for either the act of purchasing it or for the pistol itself? If not, you have already committed what is referred to as a straw purchase and have already committed a Federal felony.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

No I bought it for myself, but he wants to purchase it from me. I am not giving it to him as a gift or anything. Sorry I didn't mention that.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

No I bought it for myself, but he wants to purchase it from me. I am not giving it to him as a gift or anything. Sorry I didn't mention that.
    Am I the only one who noticed how the story changed?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

We are both legally allowed to posses firearms, I just wanted to know if there were other forms I needed to fill out. I just want to make sure I'm doing things correctly.

My question is, do I also need to fill out the RI-60 (I beleive its called) along with obtaining the purchase permit he gets? Or is there anything else that I need? Any help is much appreciated!!
    28.422. License to purchase, carry, possess, or transport pistol; issuance; qualifications; applications; sale of pistol; exemptions; nonresidents; basic pistol safety brochure; forging application; implementation during business hours.

(5) If an individual purchases or otherwise
    acquires a pistol, the seller shall fill out the
    license forms describing the pistol, together with
    the date of sale or acquisition, and sign his or
    her name in ink indicating that the pistol was
    sold to or otherwise acquired by the purchaser.
    The purchaser shall also sign his or her name in
    ink indicating the purchase or other acquisition
    of the pistol from the seller. The seller may
    retain a copy of the license as a record of the
    transaction. The purchaser shall receive 3
    copies of the license. The purchaser shall return
    2 copies of the license to the licensing authority
    within 10 days after the date the pistol is
    purchased or acquired. The return of the copies
    to the licensing authority may be made in person
    or may be made by first-class mail or certified
    mail sent within the 10-day period to the proper
    address of the licensing authority. A purchaser
    who fails to comply with the requirements of this
    subsection is responsible for a state civil
    infraction and may be fined not more than
    $250.00. If a purchaser is found responsible for
    a state civil infraction under this subsection, the
    court shall notify the department of state police
    of that determination.

The RI-60 form appears to be only required if sold to a CPL holder. I am not a lawyer, and I am not from Michigan.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Thank you sir. I appreciate it.

Just move to a state that is more pro gun. That would make it easy.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Am I the only one who noticed how the story changed?
    Yes but who cares. I'd change my story too. LOL

OK, this how it works.... You bought the firearm for your self, YOU filled out a 4473 and answerd all the question that you are buying it for yourself. Now that your buddy wants to Buy it from you He needs to get a PP from his local sheriff's office or Local PD.. They you USE THE PP for transfer. RI-60 is for CPL to CPL..

*straw purchase*
    A straw purchase is a situation in which a buyer uses an intermediary (a "straw purchaser") through which to acquire one or more firearms from a licensed firearms dealer. The purpose is to hide the identity of the true purchaser or ultimate possessor of the firearm(s). Straw purchases and theft are the most common ways that prohibited people, such as convicted felons, obtain firearms.

In the United States, straw purchases are a felony violation of the Gun Control Act of 1968 for both the straw purchaser and ultimate possessor.

As long as his friend gets PP then straw purchase is now moot...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast