open carry question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

open carry question

This is a discussion on open carry question within the Michigan Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; I'm a barber if I open carry at work and use a in the pants holster towards by back am ...

Default open carry question

I'm a barber if I open carry at work and use a in the pants holster towards by back am I concealing if I sit down and its not visible?

It's not technically concealed carry just keep it at your side to be safe, but then again if it's a small pistol no one imwill see it anyway ...

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by justxboxin View Post
    It's not technically concealed carry just keep it at your side to be safe, but then again if it's a small pistol no one imwill see it anyway ...
    This is based on your vast experience with concealed carry laws in the unknown state that the OP is from right?

OP Can't answer your question w/ out knowing what state's laws apply.

That said, I wouldn't open carry in a barber shop because of the hair I'd get on my gun.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mitten bullies View Post
    I'm a barber if I open carry at work and use a in the pants holster towards by back am I concealing if I sit down and its not visible?
    If it's not visible, then that equates to 'concealed'.
    If you are still unsure, then ask the next cop who needs a haircut.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I'm in Michigan, and that's the reason I wanted to use the IWB holster in back to prevent hair from getting on it, I would cc but I have to wait a year for my cpl, but from doing some research I'm seeing that if I oc with a ibw it might be considered cc, I think that's bs but I can't afford not to follow the rules, but still want to be safe a few shops have been robbed in the area, and I don't want it to happen to me but if it does I want to be ready.

I'm in Michigan, and that's the reason I wanted to use the IWB holster in back to prevent hair from getting on it, I would cc but I have to wait a year for my cpl, but from doing some research I'm seeing that if I oc with a ibw it might be considered cc, I think that's bs but I can't afford not to follow the rules, but still want to be safe a few shops have been robbed in the area, and I don't want it to happen to me but if it does I want to be ready.
    IWB holsters in Michigan are sort of iffy. If you want to OC, I suggest you get an OWB holster, or else get a Concealed Pistol License.

Of course, I have to ask, are you the barber who owns the shop? In other words, is it YOUR business? If it is, then it really doesn't matter. Even if you just rent the shop, but you are the business owner, it's like being in your own home. If you're not the business owner, then I'd ask if you have permission from the business owner to carry at work.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

If I have permission can I cc with out a cpl?

THAT is a very good question. Usually, I might say yes, since you'd be on private property, but, Michigan's gun laws are really very strange, you never know what they're going to do to you in the end. I think we need a lawyer for this question.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

I'm not a lawyer but I don't believe anyone can give you permission to CC without a CPL on their property. If it's your property you can carry how you want.

Ok thanks for the info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast