Reckless driving in 2006, am i screwed
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Reckless driving in 2006, am i screwed

This is a discussion on Reckless driving in 2006, am i screwed within the Michigan Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; I got a Reckless driving in 2006 am I screwed until 2014 for getting a CPL?...

Default Reckless driving in 2006, am i screwed

I got a Reckless driving in 2006 am I screwed until 2014 for getting a CPL?

If it's reckless driving as defined under MCL 257.626 http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ri-012_7736_7.pdf then yes you are barred for 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by alduane View Post
    If it's reckless driving as defined under MCL 257.626 http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ri-012_7736_7.pdf then yes you are barred for 8 years.
    Apparently in Michigan driving too fast means your family's life isn't worth spit anymore.

If the police in this country would stand up and quit enforcing these unconstitutional laws we could defeat this.

You're already half way there. You refuse to enforce ANY on fellow officers all the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by accidentalfelon View Post
    Apparently in Michigan driving too fast means your family's life isn't worth spit anymore.
    In Michigan, Reckless Driving means "a person who operates a vehicle......in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property..." If you do that then I guess your family and everyone else's family isn't worth spit....

In Michigan, Reckless Driving means "a person who operates a vehicle......in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property..." If you do that then I guess your family and everyone else's family isn't worth spit....
    With that definition I would tend to agree. Do you lose your right to worship and free speech too?

With that definition I would tend to agree. Do you lose your right to worship and free speech too?

No, but those first amendment rights can be limited and regulated by law and the Supreme Court just like your second amendment rights.

Default Re: Reckless driving in 2006, am i screwed

No, but those first amendment rights can be limited and regulated by law and the Supreme Court just like your second amendment rights.
    Really? How?

Really? How?

Like I said, by law and the Supreme Court. Not hard to understand. Free speech has limits and how you worship can be limited also. Varioius forms of religious practice is prohibited. Mormons can't legally have multiple wives and try offering up a young virgin on an altar and see how far you get.

Default Re: Reckless driving in 2006, am i screwed

Like I said, by law and the Supreme Court. Not hard to understand. Free speech has limits and how you worship can be limited also. Varioius forms of religious practice is prohibited. Mormons can't legally have multiple wives and try offering up a young virgin on an altar and see how far you get.
    The supreme court could tell you that marriage is no longer legal. But that doesn't make it constitutional

You need to read Jefferson on lawful vs constitutional

The supreme court could tell you that marriage is no longer legal. But that doesn't make it constitutional

You need to read Jefferson on lawful vs constitutional

No I don't need to read Jefferson or anyone else. The way separation of powers works has been developed over the past 200+ years with many opinions and arguments. Andrew Jackson supposedly responded to a Supreme Court decision that, "John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it!," meaning that the Supreme Court couldn't enforce their rulings and he wasn't going to. Over the years the question has been settled with the Supreme Court deciding "constitutionality" of laws and the other branches accepting that. A Supreme Court opinion may not make it constitutional in your mind but it does in the current law of the land. You can disagree all you like but push it far enough and you'll become what is referred to as a "jail house" lawyer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast