N.R.A. discount for vets.
Results 1 to 8 of 8

N.R.A. discount for vets.

This is a discussion on N.R.A. discount for vets. within the Military & Veterans forums, part of the Main Category category; a dissabled veteran can get a discount on life membership, check with the N.R.A. !...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    desha, arkansas
    Posts
    446

    Thumbs up N.R.A. discount for vets.

    a dissabled veteran can get a discount on life membership, check with the N.R.A. !

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldvet53 View Post
    a dissabled veteran can get a discount on life membership, check with the N.R.A. !
    Its a BIG discount! I took advantage of it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    Posts
    157

    Default

    How disabled is disabled? I'm a 30% dissabled vet. Does that count.
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckslayer View Post
    How disabled is disabled? I'm a 30% dissabled vet. Does that count.
    Absolutely! As far as I know there is no percentage requirement. I also took advantage of the program.
    NRA Life Member, JPFO member, NAGR member, 2nd Amendment Foundation member and Life Member of Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 996

  5. #5
    VietVet68 is offline 1911 Addict
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, MI
    Posts
    18

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by 84B20 View Post
    Absolutely! As far as I know there is no percentage requirement. I also took advantage of the program.
    How did they validate your disability?
    Life Member: USMC_DAV_VVA_MOPH_NRA

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VietVet68 View Post
    How did they validate your disability?
    They just take your word for it. I suggested they ask for some document just to keep the want-a-bes from taking advantage of "us" and the NRA but they said it wasn't necessary. I guess they are a trusting institution, somewhat rare in these days.
    NRA Life Member, JPFO member, NAGR member, 2nd Amendment Foundation member and Life Member of Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 996

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    Posts
    157

    Default

    I called the NRA and asked about the discount and they said there is no restrictions to the disability, and like 84B20 had stated, they take your word on the honor system. I upgraded to life member and it was only $350.

    I know there are a lot of people who will cheat the system and take advantage of us Vets. For those of you who pull that crap, I hope your mamma gives you crabs!
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

  8. #8
    VietVet68 is offline 1911 Addict
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, MI
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckslayer View Post
    I called the NRA and asked about the discount and they said there is no restrictions to the disability, and like 84B20 had stated, they take your word on the honor system. I upgraded to life member and it was only $350.

    I know there are a lot of people who will cheat the system and take advantage of us Vets. For those of you who pull that crap, I hope your mamma gives you crabs!
    WOW--that's great!
    Life Member: USMC_DAV_VVA_MOPH_NRA

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •