Justices hear case of disturbances at military funerals - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Justices hear case of disturbances at military funerals

This is a discussion on Justices hear case of disturbances at military funerals within the Military & Veterans forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by SC Tiger Great quote on this bunch from a comments section of one of the articles about ...

  1. #11
    G50AE is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,028

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    Great quote on this bunch from a comments section of one of the articles about them:
    "The range of a Barret M82 Sniper Rifle is 2500 feet. The protesters would be well advised to remember this."
    Some statistics are worth remembering.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    406

    Default

    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the PEOPLE."

    We, the PEOPLE, have the Constitutional authority to do something. In fact, most governing authority is supposed to be in the hands of the people. "Bob, if you don't pick that pile of garbage off of your lawn, I'm not going to invite you over next weekend for the bar-b-q, and if you still don't, we're all gonna come over there and move it inside your living room where it aint bothering us."

    The 1st Amendment should be absolute. The bastards should have the legal right to yell Fire in a theater. The rest of the patrons have the Constitutional authority to beat the ever loving crap out of him afterwards.

    No laws can make a person honest, only culture. As a government of the people, by the lawyers, for the lawyers, we have forgotten this.

    The world was a better place when people feared the beatdown.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

  3. #13
    G50AE is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    What I REALLY want to know is why hasn't the Baptist church gone after this group for calling themselves Baptist? I don't know if they could do it through the legal system but they could skewer this bunch in the media. I would, if for no other reason than to distance myself from them in people's minds.
    Basically there is no "Baptist church" per say. There is no formal higher level organization or coordination of indivdual Baptist churchs. It is not like the Presbyterian Church U.S.A., the Episcopal Church, or the Catholic Church, which have upper levels like Synods, Presbytaries, Dioceases, Deanerys, and leadership like Deans, Bishops, and Presbytary Committees.

    There is an organization called the Southern Baptist Convention, which not all Baptist Churches are a part of. Unless he is claiming to be a part of their organization, they realy can't do much. Esentially it would be like a Catholic Church sueing members of the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. for calling themselves Christians.

    Of course I am not a lawyer, but basically I don't see a LEGAL case being made.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Laurinburg NC
    Posts
    163

    Default

    I know a lot of you don't like Moore but he has the right idea in the video on this page.
    How to Fight Fred | MichaelMoore.com
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Basically there is no "Baptist church" per say. There is no formal higher level organization or coordination of indivdual Baptist churchs. It is not like the Presbyterian Church U.S.A., the Episcopal Church, or the Catholic Church, which have upper levels like Synods, Presbytaries, Dioceases, Deanerys, and leadership like Deans, Bishops, and Presbytary Committees.

    There is an organization called the Southern Baptist Convention, which not all Baptist Churches are a part of. Unless he is claiming to be a part of their organization, they realy can't do much. Esentially it would be like a Catholic Church sueing members of the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. for calling themselves Christians.

    Of course I am not a lawyer, but basically I don't see a LEGAL case being made.
    You are correct. Actually, I'm Southern Baptist so I should have known that. The Southern Baptist Convention could possibly do something but they would probably have to go after every independent Baptist church, which would be both a legal and Google Page Ranking nightmare, not to mention they'd lose. They could possibly all get together and do a "Class Action" type lawsuit but it probably wouldn't get very far - more legal fees down the toilet. A Google Page Ranking war would be the only real way to accomplish anything, and I think this bunch of KDIs (Knuckle-Dragging Idiots) would actually love the publicity. Add to this the fact that the entire Phelps bunch are lawyers.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ND
    Posts
    2,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the PEOPLE."

    We, the PEOPLE, have the Constitutional authority to do something. In fact, most governing authority is supposed to be in the hands of the people. "Bob, if you don't pick that pile of garbage off of your lawn, I'm not going to invite you over next weekend for the bar-b-q, and if you still don't, we're all gonna come over there and move it inside your living room where it aint bothering us."

    The 1st Amendment should be absolute. The bastards should have the legal right to yell Fire in a theater. The rest of the patrons have the Constitutional authority to beat the ever loving crap out of him afterwards.

    No laws can make a person honest, only culture. As a government of the people, by the lawyers, for the lawyers, we have forgotten this.

    The world was a better place when people feared the beatdown.
    Damn straight. ++1 on your whole post.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the PEOPLE."

    We, the PEOPLE, have the Constitutional authority to do something. In fact, most governing authority is supposed to be in the hands of the people. "Bob, if you don't pick that pile of garbage off of your lawn, I'm not going to invite you over next weekend for the bar-b-q, and if you still don't, we're all gonna come over there and move it inside your living room where it aint bothering us."

    The 1st Amendment should be absolute. The bastards should have the legal right to yell Fire in a theater. The rest of the patrons have the Constitutional authority to beat the ever loving crap out of him afterwards.

    No laws can make a person honest, only culture. As a government of the people, by the lawyers, for the lawyers, we have forgotten this.

    The world was a better place when people feared the beatdown.
    The "beatdown"? what the hell is the "beatdown"?

    We the People have amended our Constitution 27 times. On the 14th such occasion we provided:

    "Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article."

  8. #18
    G50AE is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    Add to this the fact that the entire Phelps bunch are lawyers.
    What was it that Shakespear said about lawyers?

    Also, slightly OT, I wonder if this group gets irked by the song writen by The Village People, "In the Navy". If they do, then that sounds like a great song for everyone to start playing when these clowns show up.

  9. #19
    Cocked _and_Locked is offline Parts Maker
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the PEOPLE."

    We, the PEOPLE, have the Constitutional authority to do something. In fact, most governing authority is supposed to be in the hands of the people. "Bob, if you don't pick that pile of garbage off of your lawn, I'm not going to invite you over next weekend for the bar-b-q, and if you still don't, we're all gonna come over there and move it inside your living room where it aint bothering us."

    The 1st Amendment should be absolute. The bastards should have the legal right to yell Fire in a theater. The rest of the patrons have the Constitutional authority to beat the ever loving crap out of him afterwards.

    No laws can make a person honest, only culture. As a government of the people, by the lawyers, for the lawyers, we have forgotten this.

    The world was a better place when people feared the beatdown.
    You would just love that mob rule mentality right up until about the point where it was you that was getting the beatdown.

  10. #20
    G50AE is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    You would just love that mob rule mentality right up until about the point where it was you that was getting the beatdown.
    You mean like this kid? Burned teen turns 16, calls accused attackers 'jerks' - CNN.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Iraq Troop Drawdown Is on Schedule, "as promised"
    By KathleenElsie in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 04:36 PM
  2. Replies: 148
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 10:09 AM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 03:23 PM
  4. Scotus to hear gun case!
    By festus in forum Politics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 05:17 PM
  5. So you want to learn Reloading...
    By Red Hat in forum Handgun Ammunition and Reloading
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 10:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •