Military to Pay for Own Medical Treatment?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Military to Pay for Own Medical Treatment?

This is a discussion on Military to Pay for Own Medical Treatment? within the Military & Veterans forums, part of the Main Category category; Yesterday, while watching the news on TV, it was mentioned again that the President is again talking of having our ...

Cool Military to Pay for Own Medical Treatment?

Yesterday, while watching the news on TV, it was mentioned again that the President is again talking of having our military pay for their own treatment of combat wounds, etc. He started this once before and stated that we were all volunteers (as in mercenaries?) and shouldn't mind paying for our medical care. He said"...after all, its only money!" When did our military stop being representatives and defenders of our nation? If it wasn't for the military, who would defend our nation and the majority of the world? It isn't the cost of our military that has the U.S. in such a financial bind. How about all the illegal aliens who are draining us financially and give very little in return? Or all the money we send to foreign countries who turn around and spit in our faces? I don't claim to be the smartest man in the world but I can see where we are headed and it sure isn't pretty. We need to light a fire under our representatives in Washington and demand that something be done before we all go under.

G50AE is offline Banned

Thumbs down Keep your darn change.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Yesterday, while watching the news on TV, it was mentioned again that the President is again talking of having our military pay for their own treatment of combat wounds, etc. He started this once before and stated that we were all volunteers (as in mercenaries?) and shouldn't mind paying for our medical care. He said"...after all, its only money!" When did our military stop being representatives and defenders of our nation? If it wasn't for the military, who would defend our nation and the majority of the world?
    Tell Obama he can keep the change if this is what it adds up to.

This guy makes my blood boil

Blog Entries

The best part of Barry stayed in his momma. The rest ran down her crack, ended up a brown stain on a matress, grew up and became president.

I have respect for the office, but this guy brings utmost shame on himself and our country. At this point I think my 3 year old could do better without czars telling him what to do.
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

G50AE is offline Banned

Thumbs down Age discrimination

Quote Originally Posted by Danieljoe1 View Post
    At this point I think my 3 year old could do better without czars telling him what to do.
    Hey now I am upset at your blatent atempt at age discrimination. I have seen two year olds who can only a say a few words and sound more inteligent than Obama.

Treasonous, noting but blantant treason. Never in the History of this Great Country have we had a Narcisstic Commuist in the White House.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

It's not just Obama. ALL of them are in it for what they can get, their all crooks. They spend MILLIONS of their own money to get a part time job that pays $170,000 and all of them wind up rich. All of them need throwing out. I'm retired and have Health Ins and Medicare, but how about the younger people that can't find Jobs today. Look at the News, no one is worried about anything except screwing the Dem Party. In this economy if the Taxes go up we are all screwed. Also in two years the Rep are going to look so bad that Obama will get another four years. Their talking about cutting Medicare, If they do, most Doctors will refuse to take patients. Then your Ins co will refuse to pay the whole amount. None of them are looking at the whole picture. The News says the unemployment is 9.5 %, that's a bunch of Bull, it's more like 12 to 14%. They show an increase in House sales, sure people with money are jumping on Houses that are being sold at 50% of their value by Banks. Everything you see on the News is propaganda. The Military should get free Health Care for life, they deserve it.

Obama never actually made those statements concerning having Veterans pay for combat wounds. What he has planned may be just as bad though. He wants insurance company's to reimburse the DOD for combat care.

Veterans Groups Blast Obama Plan for Private Insurance to Pay for Service-Related Health Care - FoxNews.com

Cocked _and_Locked is offline Parts Maker

The Dod, i.e. Robert Gates SOD (previously under GWB, as well) is the one you have to worry about as far as Veteran's benefits are concerned. DoD is in a serious budget crises, has been for years now, and will do anything they can to squeeze one more dime from anywhere they can. Weapons programs, personnel, and yes Veteran's and medical are all getting cuts. Or in the case of Tricare, et al, increases for premiums and cost share. It's just a question how much from where.

Just hope your buddies in Congress, particlarly the military-related comittees, stop him where appropriate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Hey now I am upset at your blatent atempt at age discrimination. I have seen two year olds who can only a say a few words and sound more inteligent than Obama.
    I stand corrected and apologise to all two year olds for my disregard.

6 words you will never hear a politician say: I was wrong, I am sorry.
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast