To Honor my Fathers Generation!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By NCIC105
  • 1 Post By Tucker's Mom
  • 2 Post By fuhr52
  • 2 Post By Tucker's Mom

To Honor my Fathers Generation!

This is a discussion on To Honor my Fathers Generation! within the Military & Veterans forums, part of the Main Category category; Veterans take honor flight | WYFF Home - WYFF Home...

Default To Honor my Fathers Generation!

Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Says page not found :(

That was beautiful! I am sorry but that presentation brought tears to my eyes. It is so different today that we can meet the coming home soldiers, in their time they were hated and came home without any fanfare. I believe that while some of them are still alive, we should honor them and be kind to them no matter what their circumstances in life are now. They who had worked so hard to keep this country safe...even those that did not come home.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Wonder why...I was able to pull it up
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

I don't know I just tried it again still no go, maybe its because im on my mobile?

It will go to the wyff4.com site but just below the header it says it can't be found. Something about they had switched to a new platform. Beat me, ill check it out when I get on my main cpu.

It takes a while to load on my desktop too and my pooter should be as fast it can be with my "smart" graphic card I use for rendering images for adverts...but I did see it. I will advise everyone to wait a while if you have time...it is well worth seeing it.
    G'day and Glock

Thanks for posting NCIC. I drink coffee every morning with several WWII vets. They are very humble people and rarely talk about their war time experiences. One of them is still having trouble dealing with an enemy soldier he killed at point blank range with his side arm. On the rare occasion when they do talk, the stories are great.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Thanks for posting NCIC. I drink coffee every morning with several WWII vets. They are very humble people and rarely talk about their war time experiences. One of them is still having trouble dealing with an enemy soldier he killed at point blank range with his side arm. On the rare occasion when they do talk, the stories are great.
    You are very lucky to be with them every morning. I get to see my oldie friends only about 6x a year through our fly-ins and theirs. And all of them have stories to tell during the debriefs. I will make sure to give them a bit of my time when our own convention comes in June...they are fun to be with and to talk with. I make a video each year about them and the fallen during our memorial. It's my contribution and they love to see themselves with their planes and hear their stories being told. How I envy you...
    G'day and Glock

Wow that is a great tribute. My dad is still with us and is a WWII vet. He lost one brother in the war but he and two other brothers survived the war. The are truely members of the greatest generation.
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.