Army testing female body armor...
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By rahlquist

Army testing female body armor...

This is a discussion on Army testing female body armor... within the Military & Veterans forums, part of the Main Category category; US army testing body armor for female soldiers | Fox News...

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Thumbs up Army testing female body armor...

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Oh great just great, yet another weird set of latches and garments we have to learn to remove!

Quote Originally Posted by rahlquist View Post
    Oh great just great, yet another weird set of latches and garments we have to learn to remove!
    Wouldn't think it would bother you unless you are a woman. Many years ago, the Army had to make modifications to shoulder harnesses designed only for men. The harness caused many complaints of pain because of rubbing against the breasts of women. Shame they don't make uni-sex equipment.

Shoobee is offline Banned

In olympic sword fencing, the female beast plates have cones in them, for obvious reasons.

I am surprise the Army took so long to figure this out.

But then, traditionally in the US Forces the women do not serve in combat. That's mostly an Israeli thing.

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

For the past decade, women have been in an ever increasing "combat" role. They are apart of convoys, stationed at FOBs, and actually come under fire quite often downrange. They are not immune to rockets, mortars, and small arms fire... the "rear" has been getting closer to the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

I'm glad they are finally doing this. Form and function must go together, especially in combat equipment. There's too much at stake.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Wouldn't think it would bother you unless you are a woman.
    Or a medic trying to take the armor off a woman to treat her. Although I would have just cut it off if things were that desperate
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment