Active Duty Military with a CC permit from Colorado now stationed in Texas

Active Duty Military with a CC permit from Colorado now stationed in Texas

This is a discussion on Active Duty Military with a CC permit from Colorado now stationed in Texas within the Military & Veterans forums, part of the Main Category category; Can I continue to use my Colorado concealed carry permit here in Texas as I am currently assigned here in ...

Default Active Duty Military with a CC permit from Colorado now stationed in Texas

Can I continue to use my Colorado concealed carry permit here in Texas as I am currently assigned here in
    Texas. My permit does not expire until 2013 of March.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Are you a Texas resident? What state issued your driver's license? What state do you pay state income tax in?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

you are required to inform law enforcement in Colorado that you have moved to Texas. If you don't let them know, you might get charged with a petty offense.

Texas does recognize CO concealed carry permits, but as stated you must notify the issuing sheriff's office within 30 days. As CO does not issue non-resident CHL's they will probably revoke the license. I know you probably still have residency in CO for tax purposes, but I don't think that applies to CHL's. That is something you would have to discuss with the sheriff's office and/or base legal.

Default Active Duty Military with a CC permit from Colorado now stationed in Texas

Base legal would most likely not be able to help since that is pretty much outside of their "lane."

As stated before, there is probably an issue with notifying the approving authority about the change of residence. However, they don't monitor their licensees to see if they're trying to pull a fast one by moving and not notifying. Unless you draw attention to yourself in a negative way, enjoy your freedom to carry until whenever it is in 2013 that it expires. If it is really bugging you that bad, start the process to get a Texas license or a Utah/Florida non-resident...whichever is the cheapest because they're all good in Texas!
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"