What Was Your Rank?
Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

What Was Your Rank?

This is a discussion on What Was Your Rank? within the Military & Veterans forums, part of the Main Category category; I was an E4 when I got out of the Army National Guard if that counts....

Default What Was Your Rank?

I was an E4 when I got out of the Army National Guard if that counts.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

You R legit, don't matter if U were AD, AR or NG, or US (draftee) if U did 30 days and got a DD214/honorable discharge, U R a Vet, so cancel your honarary membership! My fave 'missions' were training U folks (our Division's round-out BDE) during your 30 days active. "Put up the GP-Medium troops!" "Don't bother SFC/E7 M, we parked the RV's over by the BBQ pit" Was like 30 days leave for us active-duty brain-washed types.

Canis-Lupus

Got out semi-regrettably at E-5 Sgt from the USMC

We all leave our rank behind us when our time is done in the military, it really only counts for more retirement pay if U hit 20-30 years and even that is not cash that lets U live very well off. But with (almost) every trip to the V.A. I find some jack-off who is barking out orders at patients and staff like he or she is still the Sergeant-Major or a 2-star Division Commander they used to be when they were active. I treat all Vets as equals (Comrades in Arms) as they served when SO many others ducked or chose the easy paths of life and have no concept what we gave up so they could safely live out their years in normal lives doing the things few of us ever managed, like staying put for a decade/or 2 and making good neighborly friends or buying a home, not renting one every 3 years, climb as high as they wanted/could manage and did what they wanted with their lives, not what others decided to do with the only shot at life or death or the wounds or bugs we got that they seldom woried about. For them an alert was a broken washer, for us a call in the night to "pack-it-up and roll" to go meet some very real hostiles who wanted us dead. 3 years or 30 in gave most Vets more life experiences than any civilian stuck in an boring office-job would get in 10 lifetimes! Keep the medals they mean nothng now, a genuine 'Thanks' is worth a Medal of Honor from those who have an idea of what we went thru as a cook or as a Airborne Ranger! I salute you all!

Canis-Lupus
    Last edited by Canis-Lupus; 08-27-2008 at 05:45 PM.

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Exclamation MSgt, USAF, Retired

I retired as a MSgt with over twenty years service. I was unfortunately medically retired due to a back injury or I would still be in now.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

CWO-3, USMC Retired now, MOS 8541...Peace to my brothers...
    Springfield Loaded Custom Champion
    RIA 1911A1 Duo-Tone Tactical
    XD40 Sub-Compact
    Ruger 22/45
    Browning Baby 6.35mm
    Ruger K10/22
    Marlin 336w 30-30
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty & The Pursuit Of Those Against It

MSgt, USAF, Retired also

I retired as a MSgt E7 with 22 years and 22 days under my belt. My first four years I was an aircraft machinist then I cross trained into Combat Arms Training and Maintenance (CATM) and spent 18 years doing that.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

As a; Navy Hospital Corpsman - HM2 (E-5)
    Army Biomed Repair - SSG(P) (E-6)
    Army Nurse - MAJ (O-4) (Retired)

89-95 ILARNG 95B E4
    00-04 AD Army 92M E6
    04- AD Army 35H E7

Retired SMSgt, Air Force with 27+ years mainly in aircraft maintenance. Was in the jungles, deserts and a few places in between. It's always good to see a place where veterans issues can be discussed.
    Last edited by ronwill; 10-13-2008 at 09:36 AM.

Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast