Power of Attorney" to DENY our military
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Power of Attorney" to DENY our military

This is a discussion on Power of Attorney" to DENY our military within the Military & Veterans forums, part of the Main Category category; I have read somewhere that when a person goes in to the military and/or into a combat zone the He ...

Default Power of Attorney" to DENY our military

I have read somewhere that when a person goes in to the military and/or into a combat zone the He or She must sign their Power of Attorney to someone else. I also hear government officials are now using "the signing of the Power of Attorney" to deny our military guys gun permits and/or the rights of the SECOND AMENDMENT after they leave the Military.

Has anyone else seen this and what can we do about it??

When I find the news item I will post a link.

here it is

http://www.hausofguns.com/2014/02/10...ndment-rights/
    NEVER holster the SAFETY Between your EARS!!!

It is NEVER REQUIRED that you sign a power of attorney, but it is a legal service that is offered to service members free of charge, particularly as part of a pre-deployment work-up. Before sending them to a legal officer, I always counseled my Marines to be very careful about who they might give a power of attorney to, and that if there was any doubt with respect to their trustworthiness not to do it. A limited power of attorney usually could also be made available. In the event of your demise or prolonged incapacitation, a power of attorney could save your loved ones a great deal of hassle and grief, and may enable them to do you a lot of good when you are unable to fend for yourself. Key element was trust; if they (the person who would receive your power of attorney) can't be absolutely trusted you were much better off without it.

I'm going to start calling this place usaconspiracytheory.com
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their training
    Barrett Tillman

It is a Limited Power of Attorney.

Even a General Power of Attorney does not surrender your rights. It is only good for as long as you want it to be good. You can revoke it anytime you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    I'm going to start calling this place usaconspiracytheory.com
    Sounds pretty credible to me. But feel free to leave any time if you don't see any benefit of the group.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Sounds pretty credible to me.
    I don't think limited power of attorney means what you think it means

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    But feel free to leave any time if you don't see any benefit of the group.
    Does comedic relief count as a benefit?
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their training
    Barrett Tillman

I don't think limited power of attorney means what you think it means

I know what it means. It is not necessarily only a limited POA.

Does comedic relief count as a benefit?
    If that's all you get from this group, I'm sure you'd be happier elsewhere.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

[QUOTE=Eidolon;503474]I don't think limited power of attorney means what you think it means

It seems as if you do not believe that others on here have the competence to understand a Power of Attorney's meaning and use. I have used one several times in the past for different reasons and have yet to have a problem with them. Although you may not agree with us, why the necessity to be so adversarial? And, for this site to be named USA Conspiracy.com and not quite come up to your standards, why do you bother coming here if you are not a conspiracy theorist also? You remind me of someone else who used to post on here in your same fashion. Does the name MossyHead ring a bell?

If you don't revoke the PoA, How long does it last and can it be used against a person or vet who want to exercise his 2A rights?
    NEVER holster the SAFETY Between your EARS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Banjarmon View Post
    If you don't revoke the PoA, How long does it last and can it be used against a person or vet who want to exercise his 2A rights?
    A PoA can have an expiration date set at the time it is created. Most do. I am not aware of how a PoA could prevent the exercise of any of your rights. It can be revoked at any time by the person who created it. It is possible for someone to sell or otherwise dispose of all your firearms if you have given them a general PoA, and they can cause all kinds of financial mischief including leaving you broke. That's why you should never give a PoA to anyone you do not trust implicitly. I have not heard even a rumor of anything like what is described in the linked article taking place anywhere. I note not one specific instance is cited in the article. Frankly, I think it's a bunch of hooey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast