Open carry permit holder beaten by police? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
Like Tree11Likes

Open carry permit holder beaten by police?

This is a discussion on Open carry permit holder beaten by police? within the Minnesota Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Originally Posted by Treo I have to ask, why? Colorado allows one to carry a concealed firearm in locations that ...

  1. #11
    The_Outlaw's Avatar
    The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I have to ask, why?

    Colorado allows one to carry a concealed firearm in locations that serve alcohol as long as you don't consume alcohol and we don't seem to have a real problem with it.
    Because Alcohol gives far too many stupid people "Liquid Courage".
    And Liquid Courage does not mix well around Firearms.

    Case in point,
    I remember one summer night in the mid 90's when me and a bunch of my old high school friends were all hanging out having a BBQ, we ended up playing some poker and by the evening this one dude was pretty drunk. Normally he was a very level headed dude and pretty easy going, but for some reason he started talking crap about wanting to play russian roulette (with his friggin semi-auto 9mm).

    I basically told him that he was full of crap.

    The next thing I knew, he went into his room and came out with his Ruger 9mm and looked me right in the eyes and said, "You think I'm bluffing" as he proceeded to chamber a round and pointed the gun to his temple.

    I responded angrily "You are acting stupid bro! Put the Goddamn gun down now!"
    He refused. So I immediatly got up and left while saying, "I'm out of here, fk this."

    I have not hung out with that particular dude ever since that unfortunate incident.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

  2. #12
    Treo's Avatar
    Treo is offline Bullet Proof
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Case in point,
    I remember one summer night in the mid 90's when me and a bunch of my old high school friends were all hanging out having a BBQ, we ended up playing some poker and by the evening this one dude was pretty drunk. Normally he was a very level headed dude and pretty easy going, but for some reason he started talking crap about wanting to play russian roulette (with his friggin semi-auto 9mm).
    Go back and read my post, the person carrying the firearm may not consume alcohol, only carry the firearm in a place where alcohol is served.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DLeeHarley View Post
    Well if downtown is where you have to go (not to a night club) and I mean "have" to go, then that's the place I would definitely WANT to carry! But that's just me
    No no, if I'm going there, I'm brining a gun....You misunderstood me...I said carrying or not I don't like to go there....I would ALWAYS carry there and wouldn't set foot in a club lol....

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Actually, carry in MN is legal even with a bit of alcohol. You can be up to 0.04... so it's like a commercial driver's license standard.

    I don't agree with it. I think Michigan's standard of 'yes you can carry, and even in a bar, but you must have zero alcohol in you' is better. I know of some bars whose drinks will send you over 0.04 with a single cocktail. And, people don't always know when to quit.

    But that's just my 2c.

    ref: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=624.7142

    624.7142 CARRYING WHILE UNDER INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE.
    Subdivision 1.Acts prohibited.
    A person may not carry a pistol on or about the person's clothes or person in a public place:
    (1) when the person is under the influence of a controlled substance, as defined in section 152.01, subdivision 4;
    (2) when the person is under the influence of a combination of any two or more of the elements named in clauses (1) and (4);
    (3) when the person is knowingly under the influence of any chemical compound or combination of chemical compounds that is listed as a hazardous substance in rules adopted under section 182.655 and that affects the nervous system, brain, or muscles of the person so as to impair the person's clearness of intellect or physical control;
    (4) when the person is under the influence of alcohol;
    (5) when the person's alcohol concentration is 0.10 or more; or
    (6) when the person's alcohol concentration is less than 0.10, but more than 0.04.


    Grant Vlasak
    GUNCLASSES.NET (A division of Practical Training Solutions, LLC)
    T 612.424.7955 Ext.101
    GunClasses.net | Safety and Skills for Peace of Mind
    "Safety and Skills for Peace of Mind"

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,677

    Default

    Again, we have another story in which we cannot get the LE's story since it is under investigation. This happens quite a lot. We get a lot of moral outrage from hearing one side of a story, it then goes to trial and it is found that "this that or the other thing happened" and the police were justified, but that doesn't get as much attention.

    I do not know if this person is innocent or guilty of any crime and neither do any of us at this point.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  6. #16
    Shoobee is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    CCCP (Calif)
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Go back and read my post, the person carrying the firearm may not consume alcohol, only carry the firearm in a place where alcohol is served.
    That would be no fun!

  7. #17
    Shoobee is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    CCCP (Calif)
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Because Alcohol gives far too many stupid people "Liquid Courage".
    And Liquid Courage does not mix well around Firearms.

    Case in point,
    I remember one summer night in the mid 90's when me and a bunch of my old high school friends were all hanging out having a BBQ, we ended up playing some poker and by the evening this one dude was pretty drunk. Normally he was a very level headed dude and pretty easy going, but for some reason he started talking crap about wanting to play russian roulette (with his friggin semi-auto 9mm).

    I basically told him that he was full of crap.

    The next thing I knew, he went into his room and came out with his Ruger 9mm and looked me right in the eyes and said, "You think I'm bluffing" as he proceeded to chamber a round and pointed the gun to his temple.

    I responded angrily "You are acting stupid bro! Put the Goddamn gun down now!"
    He refused. So I immediatly got up and left while saying, "I'm out of here, fk this."

    I have not hung out with that particular dude ever since that unfortunate incident.
    This is why "ginning up" was used by the British infantry in musket days.

  8. #18
    Shoobee is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    CCCP (Calif)
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GunClasses.Net View Post
    ooh boy...

    Mpls. Man: Police Beat Me For Gun, Despite My Permit CBS Minnesota

    Grant Vlasak
    GUNCLASSES.NET (A division of Practical Training Solutions, LLC)
    T 612.424.7955 Ext.101
    GunClasses.net | Safety and Skills for Peace of Mind
    "Safety and Skills for Peace of Mind"
    Form the looks of things, he was probably beaten because he was black, not just because his inadvertently flashed his CCW piece.

    Don't know whether he resisted arrest. Maybe and maybe not.

    Offhand I would say this guy is a dummazz, first for flashing his CCW, then by expecting to get away with it in a lily white place such as Minnnnnessssota.

    And as Morgan Freeman says, on the Jay Leno Tonight Show, you cannot get to the Olympics by being a dummazz.

  9. #19
    The_Outlaw's Avatar
    The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Posts
    2,825

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Go back and read my post, the person carrying the firearm may not consume alcohol, only carry the firearm in a place where alcohol is served.
    Still a bad idea i.m.h.o.
    Liquid courage tends to make many drunken ********** violent and to go out looking for fights.

    So now let's say that you or I is inside the establishment drinking an alcohol free soda and then some dumba$$ who is drunk on liquid courage decides to pick a fight with you the CHL carrier for no reason other than he doesn't like your face?
    Now what??

    Yes, you could try reasoning with the drunken moron, but chances are he will still want to assault you.
    What if you can easily kick his butt, but then he decides to pull out a knife? Now what??
    It happens in nightclubs and bars quite often enough actually.

    All I'm saying is that i.m.h.o., it's not a very good idea to bring a loaded sidearm into a room full of boozers.

    That's probably the biggest reason why I do not normally frequent such places in the first place. Alcohol consumption is much safer and far less expensive within my own home.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

  10. #20
    Treo's Avatar
    Treo is offline Bullet Proof
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Still a bad idea i.m.h.o.
    Liquid courage tends to make many drunken ********** violent and to go out looking for fights.

    So now let's say that you or I is inside the establishment drinking an alcohol free soda and then some dumba$$ who is drunk on liquid courage decides to pick a fight with you the CHL carrier for no reason other than he doesn't like your face?
    Now what??

    Yes, you could try reasoning with the drunken moron, but chances are he will still want to assault you.
    What if you can easily kick his butt, but then he decides to pull out a knife? Now what??
    It happens in nightclubs and bars quite often enough actually.

    All I'm saying is that i.m.h.o., it's not a very good idea to bring a loaded sidearm into a room full of boozers.

    That's probably the biggest reason why I do not normally frequent such places in the first place. Alcohol consumption is much safer and far less expensive within my own home.
    So, you’d rather I face the knife wielding drunk unarmed?
    IMO your argument is more for not going to a bar, period.
    I haven’t been to an actual bar in years but I do periodically eat at Red Lobster (serves alcohol) or Applebees (serves alcohol) or The Olive Garden (serves alcohol). And I like the fact that I can carry in them
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •