Open carry permit holder beaten by police?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Open carry permit holder beaten by police?

This is a discussion on Open carry permit holder beaten by police? within the Minnesota Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; ooh boy... Mpls. Man: Police Beat Me For Gun, Despite My Permit CBS Minnesota GUNCLASSES.NET (A division of Practical ...

Default Open carry permit holder beaten by police?

ooh boy...

Mpls. Man: Police Beat Me For Gun, Despite My Permit CBS Minnesota

GUNCLASSES.NET (A division of Practical Training Solutions, LLC)
    T 612.424.7955 Ext.101
    GunClasses.net | Safety and Skills for Peace of Mind
    "Safety and Skills for Peace of Mind"

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

It looks like the LameStream Media is going to try and turn this man's stupidity into yet another "Racial Injustice/Anti-Gun" campaign.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

RJ_Whitlock is offline M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    A Minneapolis man says he was beaten by police as he left a downtown nightclub.
    Zachary King says he was walking to his car when police noticed his gun in his waist band.
    He was also acquitted of manslaughter in 2008 after his pit bull mauled to death his 7-year-old son.

Carrying a loaded firearm into a "Nightclub" where alcohol is being served and egos are at an all time high?
    It also sounds like he was doing a very poor job of 'concealing' his sidearm.
    Not a very good idea.
    His 7 year old son was 'mauled to death' by his pit bull??
    Does not sound like he was a very good parent either!
    Overall I would have to say that he's not very bright and probably not the kind of guy that should be carrying a loaded firearm in public i.m.h.o.
    In Minnesota, you don't have to carry concealed, the permits are just a plain Permit to carry. It's up to you on how you want to carry, if the police got on him for carrying that's BS. You can carry in bars here or any place that serves alcohol as long as their isn't a sign posted other wise.
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

If the gun was in his waist band he wasn't open carrying, Can't really work up a lot od moral pout-rage over this one
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I'm not surprised.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

RJ_Whitlock is offline M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    If the gun was in his waist band he wasn't open carrying, Can't really work up a lot od moral pout-rage over this one
    Interesting concept, last time I checked if I had my firearm in my IWB holster and IT wasn't covered, it still would be open carry. You could plainly see I had a firearm, which is what I thought open carry was. If I had a cover garment over my firearm it magically becomes concealed.
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

I live in MN and never heard of this story....down town has turned a little nasty here lately, I wouldn't go there carrying or not but if I were to carry, I may not go to nightclubs with it. The police were wrong in this one, but there have been quite a few shootings at night clubs downtown lately so I'm sure if you come out with a gun in your waist band, permit or not, the police are going to react quickly and not ask many questions first.

While I think their response may have been a bit harsh before establishing wether or not he had a permit, I put a bit of it on him. He's going to what is most likely a shady club and exits with a gun in his waist band. While there is no law against it, it may not be the smartest move....

Quote Originally Posted by KCD1974 View Post
    I live in MN and never heard of this story....down town has turned a little nasty here lately
    Well if downtown is where you have to go (not to a night club) and I mean "have" to go, then that's the place I would definitely WANT to carry! But that's just me
    Dennis in Idaho
    "Citizenship requires three boxes: "The Ballot Box,
    The Jury Box, and the Cartridge Box." Fredrick Douglas

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Lightbulb

A Minneapolis man says he was beaten by police as he left a downtown nightclub.
    Zachary King says he was walking to his car when police noticed his gun in his waist band.
    He was also acquitted of manslaughter in 2008 after his pit bull mauled to death his 7-year-old son.

It looks like the LameStream Media is going to try and turn this man's stupidity into yet another "Racial Injustice/Anti-Gun" campaign.

Carrying a loaded firearm into a "Nightclub" where alcohol is being served is just plain stupid.
    It also sounds like he was doing a very poor job of 'concealing' his sidearm.
    His actions appear to be wreckless at best i.m.h.o.

It also says that his 7 year old son was 'mauled to death' by his pit bull? WTF??
    He does not sound like he was a very good parent either i.m.o. ~SMFH~

Overall I would have to say that this man does not appear to be very bright and he probably is not the kind of individual that should be carrying a loaded firearm in public i.m.h.o.

A concealed firearm permit does not give anyone the right to behave wrecklessly, just like a driver license does not give anyone the right to drive wrecklessly.
    Just my .02 cents.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    [I][B]Carrying a loaded firearm into a "Nightclub" where alcohol is being served is just plain stupid.
    I have to ask, why?

Colorado allows one to carry a concealed firearm in locations that serve alcohol as long as you don't consume alcohol and we don't seem to have a real problem with it.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast