House Bill 841 - Please contact your Representative

House Bill 841 - Please contact your Representative

This is a discussion on House Bill 841 - Please contact your Representative within the Missouri Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; HouseBill 841 has been introduced. It allows for Open Carry for CCW holders. While it is not perfect it does ...

Default House Bill 841 - Please contact your Representative

HouseBill 841 has been introduced. It allows for Open Carry for CCW holders. While it is not perfect it does solve the problem with different cities and towns from overriding state law. I prefer to Conceal Carry however every once in a while my shirt will ride up (especially in the summer) and I really don't like the thought of getting in trouble for it. Here is a sample email I sent to my Representative:

I am a constituent of your district and voted for you in the last election. I would like to know if you will be supporting HB 841. I am a CCW holder who lawfully caries a firearm. Currently in Wildwood if my firearm were accidentaly exposed (i.e., exiting a vehicle or bending over) I would be in violation of Wildwood code and I could be arrested. In the state of Missouri it is legal to open carry however this can be overridden by local municipalities as Wildwood does. I am asking you to support this bill as it would be helpful in simplifying Missouri's firearms code and provide consistency across all municipalities.

Thanks for the heads up. I contacted mine, but I have a feeling he is already on it. I found out that my rep co-sponsored this amendment:

HJR27
    Proposes a constitutional amendment specifying that the right of every citizen to possess, purchase ammunition, and any parts or articles for the proper functioning of arms must not be infringed

If you don't know your rep, visit this site:

Missouri State Senate - Legislator Lookup

and contact your "House District" rep. This will also tell you about your rep, what bills they sponsored, email address, etc.