Traveling to Missouri
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Traveling to Missouri

This is a discussion on Traveling to Missouri within the Missouri Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Hello all, Alabama resident here, with AL resident permit. I'm traveling to Missouri next week to stay for a good ...

Default Traveling to Missouri

Hello all, Alabama resident here, with AL resident permit.

I'm traveling to Missouri next week to stay for a good bit of time. I've done my usual carry-related travel preparations, such as studying the handgun laws for pass-through and destination states and bookmarking them in a folder on my phone. However, I wanted to make sure my interpretation of the laws is correct for MO. It is my understanding that, though the places listed in 571.107 are "off limits" for concealed carry, you can only get into legal trouble if you are discovered and don't leave if asked to do so.

So is it safe to say that I can pretty much not worry about where I carry, and operate on a "don't ask, don't tell" basis?

Anything else tricky that I should know about?

PS. Obviously, I won't try to enter any courthouses or government buildings with my Glock 19, even though those places have active security/detectors anyway.

Thanks!

http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSH...ts/SHP-863.pdf

This was on our site and I noticed a few places that you cannot carry that made my eyebrow go straight up.
    - on a public bus
    - in an amusement park
    - riverboat gambling facility
    - hospitals
    - sports arenas

I would do some more checking and digging.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Yeah, I've seen that! Crazy!

But the lines that catch my eyes, still, are these taken directly from their website's PDF:

"Carrying a concealed firearm in any location specified above is not a criminal act. However, you can be denied access to the premises or may be removed from the premises for doing so."

The only place you can not carry is on a bus, and obviously, where they have metal detectors such as courthouses, etc.

There is a long list of prohibited locations, per the law. However most are not a criminal act if caught unless you refuse to leave. In this case you are fined.

No duty to inform the officer, but if pulled over, I would inform. Its your call.

MO is gun friendly friend. Enjoy your stay!

Quote Originally Posted by pisan1 View Post
    No duty to inform the officer, but if pulled over, I would inform. Its your call.
    I wouldn't.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I wouldn't.
    Nor would I.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

No duty to inform the officer, but if pulled over, I would inform.
    why?
    MO is gun friendly friend.
    not really

Just preference. No duty to inform but I would.

Carry anywhere but busses and courthouses, that's friendly in my book.

Just preference. No duty to inform but I would.
    we'll try this again, WHY?
    Carry anywhere but busses and courthouses, that's friendly in my book.
    isn't yours the state were there is a bill requiring registration when you sign up your kid for school?

Why, because I feel it is the appropriate thing to do. I mean no harm, they know I am a CCW holder when they run my info. I am not worried about keeping anything from the officer and it puts us both on the same page. Just my preference. I'm not advising anyone on this.

Register your gun when you sign up your kid for school? No. Not in MO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast