Any good reviews from training within the Reno area?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By John23
  • 1 Post By edlacy
  • 1 Post By unwiredmedic

Any good reviews from training within the Reno area?

This is a discussion on Any good reviews from training within the Reno area? within the Nevada Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; I have a smaller .38 double action revolver and was wondering if anyone has had good experiences with instructors somewhere ...

Default Any good reviews from training within the Reno area?

I have a smaller .38 double action revolver and was wondering if anyone has had good experiences with instructors somewhere within 30 miles of the Reno area? Instruction for defensive shooting, not competition if there is a difference.

Hello, have you ever heard of FrontSight? Man if I lived in Reno, I'd be up there once a month!
    Gun training | Firearm Training, maybe not 30 miles but worth the trip.

firelooker is offline firelooker

Check with the NRA affiliate near there or email the NRA directly. They can advise you of a NRA certified instructor in the area.

I had a very good experience with Armed and Safe in Reno.
    Great instruction.
    I highly recommend them.

Armed and Safe - Home

Default Reno Training

I took my CCW course from Scott & Kelly Main at Scheels Sporting Goods. Was very happy with what I learned, and they did a rather good job presenting the info and keeping everyone interested.

Where does Armed & Safe to their live fire qualifications? Is it close to Scheel's or way out in the sticks?
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    Where does Armed & Safe to their live fire qualifications? Is it close to Scheel's or way out in the sticks?
    That's the one that does classes at Scheels (sorry I didn't remember their name when I posted), but they use the county range by Palomino Valley, on the way out to Pyramid Lake.