Open Carry with Concealed Carry Permit?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Open Carry with Concealed Carry Permit?

This is a discussion on Open Carry with Concealed Carry Permit? within the Nevada Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; I was told that if you have a CCW permit that you are not allowed to open carry. But I ...

Question Open Carry with Concealed Carry Permit?

I was told that if you have a CCW permit that you are not allowed to open carry. But I saw my CCW instructor open carrying during our class. I think it is more likely that the law is that if you are actually concealed carrying, then you can't open carry, rather than just having the permit. But I could not find any laws online about it.

Can someone shed light on this issue please?

Edit: Guys I haven't been on this forum for a while . To end the confusion I live in Reno, Nevada.

s/he may be a leo or have an open carry license?
    but i'm still wondering if you do have a ccwp could we still carry it in an outer waist holster if it's covered well?
    gun control is being able to hit your target

In Tennessee we are issued a Handgun Carry Permit. Law was written so people who conceal badly would not constantly be arrested. We can carry open or concealed.

LAWS MAY VARY STATE TO STATE.

sent from my sending device
    sent from my sending device

In Virginia you don't need a permit to open carry. Anyone who can legally own a handgun can open carry it (where the law allows). If you get a CCP it means you are allowed to carry concealed or open (where the law allows of course.)

Nice document for Nevada, with citations:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2883584/NVCarryMay_2012.pdf
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Guys that doesn't help, lol. I'll state the question again.........

If you have a CCWP is it illegal to open carry for you? OR rather is it just illegal to conceal carry and open carry?

Edit: at this point though, it sounds like that guy was full of crap.

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by John23:313842
    Guys that doesn't help, lol. I'll state the question again.........

If you have a CCWP is it illegal to open carry for you? OR rather is it just illegal to conceal carry and open carry?

Edit: at this point though, it sounds like that guy was full of crap.
    Ill break it down for me (WA):

Open carry + permit = legal

Open carry - permit = legal

Concealed carry + permit = legal

concealed carry - permit = illegal
    (although its constitutionally legal...so the infringement being unconstitutional makes the law illegal, its up to you what you want to abide by)

He may or may not be full of crap depending on where you guys live.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by John23 View Post
    I was told that if you have a CCW permit that you are not allowed to open carry. But I saw my CCW instructor open carrying during our class. I think it is more likely that the law is that if you are actually concealed carrying, then you can't open carry, rather than just having the permit. But I could not find any laws online about it.

Can someone shed light on this issue please?
    I will assume you live in nv, as I do. You need a permit to cc. There is NO law allowing open carry, nor forbidding open carry. I have a ccw so I choose to carry concealed, but if I choose to open carry, what is a cop going to do? ask for my ccw and then arrest me?
    So the ccw does not impact in any way your ability to open carry. Did someone from the gun store tell you this? They are notorious for a lot of things, among them hating open carry and telling this very thing in their ccw classes.

Bottom line, anyone can open carry (assuming they are old enough, gun not stolen, etc. Those are other issues)

It depends entirely on your state! In Texas no open carry, ccw (chl, concealed handgun license, etc) means concealed. Now if you in your house or place of business, open carry is fine, but you can't just walk out the door open carrying. During the summer I prefer an owb concealed by a Hawaiian shirt. As long as its concealed from casual view your fine.

**AHEM**

See my previous post. VERY GOOD BREAKDOWN on the carry laws in Nevada, with linked references to the laws, Attorney General opinions, and all sorts of goodies.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast