~Nevada Man Shoots Himself in the Butt & Movie Theatre~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

~Nevada Man Shoots Himself in the Butt & Movie Theatre~

This is a discussion on ~Nevada Man Shoots Himself in the Butt & Movie Theatre~ within the Nevada Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; A man accidentally shot himself in the buttocks last night at a Nevada cinema during a screening of 'The Bourne ...

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow ~Nevada Man Shoots Himself in the Butt & Movie Theatre~

A man accidentally shot himself in the buttocks last night at a Nevada cinema during a screening of 'The Bourne Legacy'.
    The 56-year-old man's injuries are not life-threatening and no other people were hurt in the incident, which took place at a theatre in the city of Sparks. Police said the man had a permit to carry a concealed firearm.
    The man told officers the gun fell from his pocket at about 8.40pm as he was adjusting himself in the seat and that it discharged when it dropped to the floor. Bizarrely for the other cinemagoers at Century 14, he then apologised and left the building before police arrived.

Man accidentally shoots himself in the buttocks at Nevada screening of The Bourne Legacy | Mail Online

This story just further proves the importance of having a good quality holster to secure you sidearm while carrying.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Good lord, can only imagine what was going through the minds of the other patrons. Luckily no one was critically injured,and hopefully he will learn from this.

I call shenanigans! Most modern pistols will NOT fire when dropped. I'm guessing he couldn't use the "I was cleaning my gun excuse".
    Beware the Fury of a patient man.

kerb is offline pinche gringo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by roguejesse View Post
    I call shenanigans! Most modern pistols will NOT fire when dropped. I'm guessing he couldn't use the "I was cleaning my gun excuse".
    I'm not so sure. My wife's little .380 has no safety at all. I think there are quite a few like that.
    She carries iwb though, in a holster.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Blog Entries

That's why they make holster so STUFF like that won't happen and that kind of **** makes people like us that has carry permit look bad because of them fucktard WTF

kerb is offline pinche gringo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    I'm not so sure. My wife's little .380 has no safety at all. I think there are quite a few like that.
    LOL looks like I inherited a 380. She wants one with a safety now.
    I guess I can't blame her.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Another successful pocket carry proponent.
    BTTBBOB
    President & Chief Instructor
    www.sflagunschool.com

''
    This story just further proves the importance of having a good quality holster to secure you sidearm while carrying.''

yup i think a good holster is very important too just for that reason!

gun control is being able to hit your target

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    The manual safety is not at issue here. What I am referring to is a firing pin block. This prevents the firing pin from moving unless the trigger is pulled. In addition, it also prevents the gun from firing when dropped.
    Last edited by roguejesse; 08-16-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: added line
    Beware the Fury of a patient man.

I kind of love this, because every time I watch a movie where some guy stuffs a gun down the back of his pants, I shout "You're gonna shoot your butt off!" and now I finally have some proof.

Though it sucks he took a bullet in the tush. That's gotta hurt.
    Ton up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast