AB-288 - Castle Doctrine for Nevada

AB-288 - Castle Doctrine for Nevada

This is a discussion on AB-288 - Castle Doctrine for Nevada within the Nevada Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; It has been said in the past that Nevada law on this subject isn't too bad, but NEEDS to be ...

Default AB-288 - Castle Doctrine for Nevada

It has been said in the past that Nevada law on this subject isn't too bad, but NEEDS to be improved.

Well, Assemblyman Harry Mortenson (Clark Co, District 42) has introduced AB-288. See Asm Mortenson's legislative biography here: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/75th2009/.../Mortenson.pdf

AB-288 is an outstanding bill - good for Nevada - and deserves everyones' support!

AB-288 bill full text and history here: AB288

(Note the bipartisan co-sponsorship.)

Nevada Legislature is the Nevada Legislature's official website; it contains a wealth of information. There, you can click on "Share Your Opinion on Legislative Bills" which will take you here: Share your Opinion with the Legislature

You may then cast your "vote" on the bill and even type an optional comment.

I certainly encourage everyone to "vote" in support of AB-288.

AB-288 has been referred to the Judiciary Committee: Assembly Judiciary Committee - 75th (2009) Session Everyone is encouraged to correspond with the members of the Jud Cmte to voice support also.

The Assemby Judiciary Committee members' email:

Anderson, Bernie
    E-mail Address(es):
    banderson@asm.state.nv.us
    Chairman

Carpenter, John
    E-mail Address(es):
    jcarpenter@asm.state.nv.us

Cobb, Ty
    E-mail Address(es):
    tcobb@asm.state.nv.us

Dondero Loop, Marilyn
    E-mail Address(es):
    mdonderoloop@asm.state.nv.us

Gustavson, Don
    E-mail Address(es):
    dgustavson@asm.state.nv.us

Hambrick, John
    E-mail Address(es):
    jhambrick@asm.state.nv.us

Horne, William
    E-mail Address(es):
    whorne@asm.state.nv.us

Kihuen, Ruben
    E-mail Address(es):
    rkihuen@asm.state.nv.us

Manendo, Mark
    E-mail Address(es):
    mmanendo@asm.state.nv.us

McArthur, Richard
    E-mail Address(es):
    rmcarthur@asm.state.nv.us

Mortenson, Harry
    E-mail Address(es):
    hmortenson@asm.state.nv.us

Ohrenschall, James
    E-mail Address(es):
    johrenschall@asm.state.nv.us

Parnell, Bonnie
    E-mail Address(es):
    bparnell@asm.state.nv.us

Segerblom, Tick
    E-mail Address(es):
    rsegerblom@lvcoxmail.com
    Vice Chairman
    Last edited by lukem; 03-16-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Please support AB-288 ...Thank you Barry A. Kennedy, DDS

Well, guys, Assembly Judiciary Committee Chairman Bernie Anderson has indicated he does NOT like the "civil immunity" part of the bill. He may even try to kill the bill.

The "civil immunity" clause is a "MUST RETAIN" item.

I believe we'll need to mount a very strong grass roots campaign to get this bill enacted as written.

Please, please write/email/call/fax Bernie Anderson and URGE him to hear AB-288 in committee and pass it as it is written with NO amendments.

Quote Originally Posted by varminter22 View Post
    Well, guys, Assembly Judiciary Committee Chairman Bernie Anderson has indicated he does NOT like the "civil immunity" part of the bill. He may even try to kill the bill.

The "civil immunity" clause is a "MUST RETAIN" item.

I believe we'll need to mount a very strong grass roots campaign to get this bill enacted as written.

Please, please write/email/call/fax Bernie Anderson and URGE him to hear AB-288 in committee and pass it as it is written with NO amendments.
    Why is he such a tool?
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    Why is he such a tool?
    God only knows.

I have heard him say he is a gun owner, etc, as he sat in his Jud Cmte Chairman seat.

But then, a LOT of anti-gunners say that.

Actions speak louder than words, right???

I've sent each member of the Judiciary Committee the following:

I am writing to ask you to hear AB-288 in committee and pass it as it is written with NO amendments. The citizens of Nevada should be able to defend themselves on their own property, including their vehicle and transient lodging, without the fear of civil repercussion. AB-288 will send a clear message to criminals that they are risking their lives by breaking into our homes or hotel rooms, or by attempting a car-jacking. I believe AB-288 will result in a decrease in this type of crime. I would not shoot a criminal who was stealing a material possession unless my family or myself were in grave danger. I would not want to live with a justifiable homicide on my conscience period, and definitely not over a material possession. However, I would feel safer knowing that the criminals are aware that I have a right to shoot.
    I've also posted comments on the Nevada Legislature website. I strongly urge the other Nevada members of USACarry to do the same.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

gdcleanfun is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I've sent each member of the Judiciary Committee the following:

I've also posted comments on the Nevada Legislature website. I strongly urge the other Nevada members of USACarry to do the same.
    Agreed, and been there and done that a while ago.